erm, sorry, let me know what step you are getting stuck at:

1)opening jsTIfied, or TiLEm
2)Finding your Rom
3)after uploading the Rom (this, i cant really help with)
uploading the rom.
between finding and after.
After you load the ROM, you turn the calculator on. Is that where you are getting stuck?
no. loading the rom.
you told me you uploaded the rom just fine...?
what? I don't think I said that...
I can browse for the rom, but the calculator won't load it.
ahh, thats what i needed to hear.

are you sure the ROM file you have wasnt corrupted? try dumping your rom again, see if that helps.
I got It strait from my calc. Im not sure If I have enough time right now to get the dumps from my calc again. I can try when I get home though.
I don't have internet access at home, which causes problems when it comes to things like this.
well, you can always try a range of non-web Emulators. the most popular are Wabbit and TiLem, both of which can be grabbed at TiCalc.org. there is also vti, but who uses that anymore?
I can't get either to work on my computer at home
I have a Windows XP 2002 i think
I dreamed that it worked, the game. Maby thats a good sign. I tryed switching the vars to help it move, but that didn't work.
XP2002... you mean WinXP service pack 2?

as for why they dont work, i cant help you.

hmm. try block segmenting your program (commenting segments of your program out to find the general area a bug is occuring in).
what error does it shows?which broser do you use?
I tried switching the x and y vars, but it didn't do much as to help the movement. He still drops into the ground.
*bump*
I have decided to resurrect this project, but a little bit differently.

Making worlds will be a little different, it will be windowed (for speed), and I plan on using the tilemap command. Updates soon, It is going to be a lot better than before. also, sprites are going to come straight from a pic, instead of drawing them with hexadecimal.

Edit: It already runs wonders faster... doesn't take 3 min to load a frame. I have some movement programmed, and it is amazing!

Edit2: Fixed the tilemaping on the edges, now runs smooth throughout the level. next goal, gravity (duh). rather than flying.
Well, much success lately, added all movement that would normally exist. I also added mining already. I fixed some of the problems on the world builder. It is fun to play, I should get a .gif of it soon.

Next Goal: Building

Edit: forgot to add that I added a small thing that will draw the map for you. working on a filter, so you can look for specific objects.
Cool, I'm glad you picked this project back up again. Good luck with it, and I look forward to those screenshots.
Well, as promised: screenie

I did manage to somehow catch the small bug in this gif... the one that I have had a really hard time to reproduce. other than that, it should run without bugs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours