wait, was it already that high in March and I just have bad memory? Also I might subway in from Penn Station since it'll be late. Is the K-Mart/NYU station still closed?
elfprince13 wrote:
wait, was it already that high in March and I just have bad memory? Also I might subway in from Penn Station since it'll be late. Is the K-Mart/NYU station still closed?
I think it might have gone up since March. You can either go to the 8th Street/NYU station on the R or the Astor Place station on the 6 train.

Update:

I have:
- The foamcore board for the CALCnet Chat! demo
- The Arduino for the Chat! demo
- The floppy drive and foamcore board for the Floppy Drive Music demo
- The foamcore board for the 5-calculator networking demo (needs to be re-made if I have time
- The standing foamcore stand for our overview description
- Finished the "High School Math, Coding, Gaming" display
- Printed 125 sheets of bookmarks at 7 bookmarks per page (825 total)
- Cut out about 30% of the bookmarks
- USB hub and charger for charging the Prime, 84+CSE, Prizm, and Nspire CX CAS
- Tested/fixed 5 calculators for the networking demo, loaded software onto them, and decided to clean up the existing networking display instead of re-making it. Still need to actually do that bit.
- Set up the Ultimate Calculator 2 display board. Sadly, I wasn't able to get it functioning, so it is displayed splayed, like last time.
- 2 cheap plastic tableclothes for 6' tables. Blue or maroon preferred (Thanks geekboy! I owe you reimbursement)
- Check the wiring on the Floppy Disk Music displays (including making sure the calcs don't need ribbon cable fixes)
- Finished the Python-side software for the guestbook demo
- Reinstalled the Arduino suite and programmed the Arduino for the Chat! demo
- Tested netbook for the Guestbook demo and Chat! gCn connection
- Written and re-printed the overview description
- Created the CAS display
- Cut out the rest of the bookmarks

I need to
- Program the "HS Math..." calculators
- Create the Guestbook display
- Make sure I have and have tested all the required calculators
- Make sure I have enough miniUSB and microUSB cables for charging the TI-84+CSE, Prime, and Nspire.
- Foamcore description stand for the books

We need:
- 1 Arduino for the Guestbook demo, or DirectUSB (qazz is bringing)
- Power strip (elfprince is bringing)

Packing reminders to self:
- Pack netbook and charger and laptop and charger
- Make sure you have enough 5V power
- Make sure you have all the calculators!
- Make sure there are enough mini USB and one micro USB cables
- Bring a spare 83+ or two
- Bring multimeter and wire strippers for debugging
- Pack "Using" and about three "Programming" books
- Remember a camera and food
- Remember to grab the poster tube
- If you put the calculators on a wheelie, pad them!
- Bring the unused displays for donor foamcore board for supports
Where can I find the booth? I'll be leaving tonight to head to New York to be at World Maker Faire and I'd like to stop by.
Glenn wrote:
Where can I find the booth? I'll be leaving tonight to head to New York to be at World Maker Faire and I'd like to stop by.
That's awesome! Are you attending or exhibiting? I don't know exactly where my table will be, but we will probably be outdoors like last year, with a big "Hacking Graphing Calculators" banner.
I'm attending.
Do you think you could set up a camera with time lapse to take a picture every few minutes or so? That way, members like me who can't visit can get a sense of how many people visited?
Hopefully the guestbook app will help with that. I could set something like that up on my netbook if Kerm is ok with that
We had a great time at Maker Faire today! Many thanks to Alec, Thomas, and Tim for their invaluable help, and sorry that we all lost our voices from explaining calculators too much. Smile Here are Tim, Alec, and Thomas (left to right) talking about some of our projects:

Sounds like it was a great time! Wish I could have checked the IRC log, but I had my hands full trying to figure out why I couldn't log into Minecraft.
ordelore wrote:
Sounds like it was a great time! Wish I could have checked the IRC log, but I had my hands full trying to figure out why I couldn't log into Minecraft.
We're actually here again today. The day is almost over; when I get home tonight, I'll be posting a full article all about the Faire, the people we talked to and the cool stories we heard, and the awesome award we got!
Don't know whether to post this here or on the news article.
Fascinating, thanks for sending that along. There was a venue recently in Washington, DC called the USA Science & Engineering Festival that we unfortunately didn't attend, as we would have had to invest a substantial amount of money just to exhibit there. Presumably this Maker Faire doesn't work the same way; it looks like something worthwhile to at least try tweeting at to see what happens.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours