Hello,
I have a TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition that I have charged only twice since I purchased it new. So this would be my third charge. I went to turn on my calculator after winter break and it said low battery charge soon. I tried plugging it into the wall using the wall adapter to USB and got no charge light. I left it plugged in overnight and it still did not charge. The wall outlet does have power. The USB is plugged into my computer (Which) is plugged into the wall) and I still am getting no charge light on the calculator and it's not charging. Please help.
Thanking you in advance,
Nate
We've received at least three reports of people with TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculators that wouldn't turn on, but I don't think we've heard of many that won't charge at all. My own wall adapter from TI randomly wouldn't charge my TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (or any device) any more, but plugging it into a computer did the trick. Do you have any other wall adapters you could try that have a USB port, like for your cell phone?
KermMartian wrote:
We've received at least three reports of people with TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculators that wouldn't turn on, but I don't think we've heard of many that won't charge at all. My own wall adapter from TI randomly wouldn't charge my TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (or any device) any more, but plugging it into a computer did the trick. Do you have any other wall adapters you could try that have a USB port, like for your cell phone?

I tried using my samsung wall adapter to no avail..I then tried using another charger all together, with a mini usb connection, to no avail.
Okay, I think we can safely assume that that rules out the charger as the culprit. Next question: have you tried giving the RESET button on the back a jab, and/or disconnected and reconnected the battery? If you remove the battery and connect the charger, will the calculator turn on?
I was trying to avoid resetting the calculator but I'll try that now..
Is removing the battery just as effective as pressing the reset button? And will I then have to reload the basic program?
I removed the battery and plugged it in to my computer...I now have a charge light but it will not turn onOk, I removed the battery and plugged it in, and the charging light would come on but it would not charge. I then put the battery back in and all appears to be back to normal. The calculator does say that the ram has been cleared. Does that mean it is back to the way it was when I bought it or do I have to download something? I'm going to assume that the programs I put into the calculator after purchasing it are gone. And on a side note, that may have caused the problem. I downloaded the programs from a Ti-84 in the learning center at my school. It was not color, mine is. I know the calculator in the learning center is still working but maybe there was a conflict between the TI-84 normal programs and my TI 89 color. And please bare with me I am new and am not yet familiar with your forum etiquette Smile
I personaly have no experience with not turning on calculators, but i would change the batteries all-together.
Neon: The TI-84+CSE uses a rechargeable battery, so that's easier said than done.

nbizzle wrote:
I removed the battery and plugged it in to my computer...I now have a charge light but it will not turn onOk, I removed the battery and plugged it in, and the charging light would come on but it would not charge. I then put the battery back in and all appears to be back to normal. The calculator does say that the ram has been cleared. Does that mean it is back to the way it was when I bought it or do I have to download something?
Yes, it does. However, I bet we have TI-84+CSE versions of some of those programs here on Cemetech.
Quote:
I'm going to assume that the programs I put into the calculator after purchasing it are gone. And on a side note, that may have caused the problem. I downloaded the programs from a Ti-84 in the learning center at my school. It was not color, mine is. I know the calculator in the learning center is still working but maybe there was a conflict between the TI-84 normal programs and my TI 89 color. And please bare with me I am new and am not yet familiar with your forum etiquette Smile
Understandable, you'll learn about double-posting and bumping and all that good stuff. I think you mean TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition; if there was a TI-89 Color, we would all be rather excited. Wink If they were simple TI-BASIC math programs, then they should work equally well on the TI-84 Plus monochrome and color calculators.
NeonSparkelz wrote:
I personaly have no experience with not turning on calculators, but i would change the batteries all-together.

Rechargeable battery pack comes with these TI-84 Silvers C
KermMartian wrote:
Neon: The TI-84+CSE uses a rechargeable battery, so that's easier said than done.

nbizzle wrote:
I removed the battery and plugged it in to my computer...I now have a charge light but it will not turn onOk, I removed the battery and plugged it in, and the charging light would come on but it would not charge. I then put the battery back in and all appears to be back to normal. The calculator does say that the ram has been cleared. Does that mean it is back to the way it was when I bought it or do I have to download something?
Yes, it does. However, I bet we have TI-84+CSE versions of some of those programs here on Cemetech.
Quote:
I'm going to assume that the programs I put into the calculator after purchasing it are gone. And on a side note, that may have caused the problem. I downloaded the programs from a Ti-84 in the learning center at my school. It was not color, mine is. I know the calculator in the learning center is still working but maybe there was a conflict between the TI-84 normal programs and my TI 89 color. And please bare with me I am new and am not yet familiar with your forum etiquette Smile
Understandable, you'll learn about double-posting and bumping and all that good stuff. I think you mean TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition; if there was a TI-89 Color, we would all be rather excited. Wink If they were simple TI-BASIC math programs, then they should work equally well on the TI-84 Plus monochrome and color calculators.

Yep, it is a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and it does have a color screen. You can graph different points in different colors. It's pretty cool. But, do I need to download anything to operate it as normal now that I have cleared the ram?
KermMartian wrote:

nbizzle wrote:
Quote:

Where do I find these programs?
nbizzle wrote:
You can find games and other useful programs, such as Doors CSE, in the 84PCSE Archives.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
nbizzle wrote:
You can find games and other useful programs, such as Doors CSE, in the 84PCSE Archives.

Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours