From the protocol manual, the 82 should respond to the commands from the arduino, but I get no communication. Does something at the calculator end need to be done? I have a get status routine which queries the calculator and determines which is responding, but the 82 I have doesn't respond or even seem to know the cable is plugged in (perhaps it is the cable?). Anyone have any info??
The TI-82 and TI-85 do not support silent linking, which is what you have implemented. You can only use standard operations from the Send/Receive menu.
Thanks, that is what I suspected, but I have no info on the 82.
For future reference, the File Format and Link Protocol Guide from ticalc.org is a great resource. The TI-85 Link Protocol page from it says:
Quote:
"Silent Linking" is a capability that Texas Instruments built into the TI-83, TI-83+, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92 and TI-92+. It enables the calculator to transfer data to and from a computer without any special preparation required on the calculator end. The only drawback to the silent linking method is that when using this protocol, the calculator will automatically overwrite any data in a variable that has the same name as one being sent to it. Any program that incorporates silent linking must check for this; otherwise data may be lost. [...]
The TI-85 does not have the directory listing feature, and therefore does not support full silent linking. Nevertheless, the TI-85 implements two silent linking commands for use with the CBL/CBR:

Variable Request: The TI-85 both sends and responds to this command.
Request-to-Send: The TI-85 can send this command, but it does not respond to it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours