Whenever I transfer a file with Axe source code to my calculator via TI-Connect, some of the code is always corrupted. The lowercase letters; u, v and w are replaced with var, tmp and appv. In addition, when displaying strings with these tokens in, all text after the tokens is omitted.

For example:

Displaying the following through SC3 or code originally written on the calculator:
"Legal Status: "
Would only display "Legal Stat " and would read "Legal Statvars:" in the source code transferred to the calculator.

What is causing TI-Connect to corrupt my source code?

Thanks in advance!
Those three special letters, u, v, and w, are converted as follows:
Code:
        <Token byte="$80" string="var" group="OS Variable Types" style="Default_Axe"/>
        <Token byte="$81" string="appv" group="OS Variable Types" style="Default_Axe"/>
        <Token byte="$82" string="tmp" group="OS Variable Types" style="Default_Axe"/>
To clarify, if you type those characters on the calculator in an Axe program and then open it in SourceCoder 3, what do you see?
In Axe, the lowercase u, v, and w tokens are different things because Axe changes those tokens to a different format. This is because Axe has no use for those Tokens and instead changes them to a token that is usable in Axe.
On Sourcecoder's end, it must think those characters are the u, v, and w that are above the 7, 8, and 9 keys instead of the alphabetical letters.
It works perfectly in SourceCoder but it's when I transfer it to my calculator that the problem arises. I even tried looking at the source code through TI's Data Editor before transferring and it's fine there.
SamTebbs33 wrote:
It works perfectly in SourceCoder but it's when I transfer it to my calculator that the problem arises. I even tried looking at the source code through TI's Data Editor before transferring and it's fine there.
Well, Axe renames tokens on the calculator. Is that the issue? If so, that's not really a bug at all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours