Hi. Finals are coming up and I want to write small c programs and then compile them into 8xk files for my ti-84 plus se. But even a basic hello world code won't run. This is what i've done

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
main() {

printf("hello world\n\n\n\n");
      while (1) {
           // loop forever
      }
}

zcc +ti8xansi -o heloo -startup=10 -create-app hello helloo.c . It compiles to asm app but when I run it, the calc resets.

zcc +ti8xansi -lm -startup=10 -o hello hello.c
bin2bin83 hello
bin2var output.bin OUTPUT.83p

This does not produce anything usable. Everythink links and compiles ok. (this is compiled for noshell). What am I doing wrong?

le : or, at least, a way to write ti-basic code on pc and then load is as "app" on my calc.
Editheraven, welcome back! I'm not familiar with zcc, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't actually work (not to mention that a .83p is not a .8xp, and TI-83 ASM programs won't work on the TI-83+). We have very few working TI-83+ C options, SDCC being the best of a limited selection. Elfprince wrote a topic on getting SDCC set up to generate Doors CS programs; you can find it here:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8482
Thanks for the link, Kerm. So the best option is to Code asm directly. And writing ti basic on linux and pack it as ti App? Is it possible?
editheraven wrote:
Thanks for the link, Kerm. So the best option is to Code asm directly. And writing ti basic on linux and pack it as ti App? Is it possible?
You can write TI-BASIC programs using SourceCoder 3 or TokenIDE. For writing straight z80 assembly, I always recommend the Doors CS SDK; it includes Ben Ryves' Brass assembler, which works well under mono on Linux.
I have tryied SourceCoder3 and upon save it messes up the name of the file (the name embeded into the code)

Or is tilp who reads the name incorrectly.

le : and if I use tokenIDE, when I export the 8xp file and load it into the RAM, I cannot slect it (to exec, to edit, to delete etc).

le2 : this one seems to produce good 8xp files
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tibasic
editheraven wrote:
I have tryied SourceCoder3 and upon save it messes up the name of the file (the name embeded into the code)
Go back to SourceCoder 3 and give it an uppercase name. Only uppercase letters plus "theta" are valid in a program name. You named your program with the lowercase letters "test"
Thank you. It works beautifully. Smile
editheraven wrote:
Thank you. It works beautifully. Smile
Great! I should probably add something to SourceCoder that yells at people or perhaps displays a discrete help box when you click on a variable name input box to explain what is allowed in that box.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours