Looking great, as always. I really like the pots--have you done a smashing animation yet? That'd be neat to see.

I really like how with the tiles I know they're repeating, but they don't look repeat-y, if that makes sense. They look very organic.
merthsoft wrote:
Looking great, as always. I really like the pots--have you done a smashing animation yet? That'd be neat to see.

I really like how with the tiles I know they're repeating, but they don't look repeat-y, if that makes sense. They look very organic.

Thanks! I was out of ideas of what I could do for the rest of tonight, so I'll probs try my hand at a smashing animation before I go to bed Smile

Also, thanks about the "organic" comment -- years ago I would have extreme problems with inorganic tiles that had rough edges when actually used together. What I learned was to think about the texture before actually drawing -- in this case, the texture is more of a "mostly flat rocks, with some flat rocks more elevated than others". I drew up little 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5 small rock clusters and fit them onto the 16x16 tile, some of them going past the 16x16 space. Then, I took whatever jutted out of the sides of the 16x16 rectangle, and wrapped it back to the other end of the tile. That way it's ensured to at least not have rough edges when surrounded by fellow tiles. Once I do that, I do a 4x4 square of the tiles, and look for anything that sticks out. With this tile, in a previous rendition there was a stone that was bigger than all the others that really stood out. I decided to replace it with two smaller stones so it would flow more evenly.

Plus, when I want detail and variations, like large stones, moss, etc. I can just make another variation of the other tile -- that way I can have interesting flourishes without having them on EVERY tile.

EDIT: Speaking of tile variation, added in an alternate tile with some small rocks, as an example:

Also, your interest in the project is appreciated, Merth Smile It's always motivating to see that someone else likes what you're making. Thanks!
Starting to get some indoor tiles complete

Working around with the colors, they all looked fine as seperate tiles, but when I smacked them together they don't work so great. Mostly keeping the hues, just shifting luminance/saturation etc.

No new music yet
Another day another post

Got some C+C on my tiles on pixelation, looks like colors might be fine with only small tweaking, but I was suggested thick lines instead of one line outlines on the main title thing, and for tiles in general, so I might be trying that out today

Also, starting on new song: https://soundcloud.com/theashbad/wip-trio-forest-theme
I like the little flourishes with the rocks and such. I can imagine that adding a lot of character to the levels, where otherwise they would've been flat. Are you planning on having those randomly generated?
merthsoft wrote:
I like the little flourishes with the rocks and such. I can imagine that adding a lot of character to the levels, where otherwise they would've been flat. Are you planning on having those randomly generated?

Dungeons or the extra flourishes? If dungeons, then most likely no, though I had already thought of a good algorithm to do so if I decide to change my mind. If the extra flourishes, most likely not since they'd probably be fun to place by hand, I like the feeling of control over the final product Smile

EDIT: Also update to the forest theme WIP

https://soundcloud.com/theashbad/wip-trio-forest-theme-wip-2
I spent way too many hours on this song [removed old version]

EDIT: Finalized

https://soundcloud.com/theashbad/trio-luan-forest-theme
Mostly just been working on gaining some soundcloud followers, seems there are a lot of people that like the soundtrack so far. Will try to get back into the graphics department later today.
This looks awesome! Is it dead?
Unsure if the project is dead, but Ashbad was banned for discontinuing productive community membership in favor of trolling.
Ahh, bummer

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours