Is towny stuck having the rule of only owning one town? Depending on number of players and the fact that this map is huge, can Towny be configured to make it nicer to get larger amounts of land, either multiple towns or just more town pieces?

Remember the large amount of people that was required for peva to make Arcadia just in terms of being able to get land.
I currently set the multiplier at 3 plots per town member, but if that turns out to be too restrictive, I'm more than happy to revert to the default 8 per town member. I have also disabled outposts for now, because they can cause complications, but if the consensus turns out to be that they will make gameplay much more fun, I'll cnsider reenabling them.
what is the server ip?
JmAN52199 wrote:
what is the server ip?
The new server will be live at mc.cemetech.net later today. The older survival server is still at that address, but will be going down shortly.
I was hoping to do one final pass of smoothing/verifying of the path-areas before we called it "done". Is it too late to make one final touch-up pass?
This world is amazing. Spawn is amazing.
comicIDIOT wrote:
This world is amazing. Spawn is amazing.
Thank you! It included a lot of hard work from a lot of Cemetechians.

shkaboinka wrote:
I was hoping to do one final pass of smoothing/verifying of the path-areas before we called it "done". Is it too late to make one final touch-up pass?
I'm afraid it is too late. However, if you spot things that need to be fixed, by all means let me know and I'll work on them. ComicIDIOT is also playing an Administrator role, so he can also help.
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you log on to the server? I just updated my Minecraft before trying to join, but it says something about an outdated client. And for some reason my launcher refuses to update past 1.5.2, and I can't figure out why. It's a launcher that came with the computer (secondhand). AnjoCaido Minecraft Alpha launcher.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you log on to the server? I just updated my Minecraft before trying to join, but it says something about an outdated client. And for some reason my launcher refuses to update past 1.5.2, and I can't figure out why. It's a launcher that came with the computer (secondhand). AnjoCaido Minecraft Alpha launcher.

Go to minecraft.net and download the new launcher. The older launchers are not compatible with newer versions.

You won't be allowed to connect to servers that are using an incompatible version. Fortunately, the new launcher lets you play under various versions (starting with 1.6.4, I think), and inform you of updates which can be done with a click (or automatically).
So I'm left with a gigantic lava-cast wall that needs to be removed. Calculations to predict the amount of TNT required to remove the wall estimate that 100000 sand would be required to craft the TNT, which is rather excessive. Can the majority of the wall be worldedited out, with no recovery of materials?

Sorry FrozenFire49, but that wall really needs to go; the vote agrees.
CVSoft wrote:
So I'm left with a gigantic lava-cast wall that needs to be removed. Calculations to predict the amount of TNT required to remove the wall estimate that 100000 sand would be required to craft the TNT, which is rather excessive. Can the majority of the wall be worldedited out, with no recovery of materials?

Sorry FrozenFire49, but that wall really needs to go; the vote agrees.
As a player, I support the removal of this eyesore. As an administrator, I support saving the 100K blocks of sand that would be required to TNT the walls down as well as reducing the lag/load risk associated with blasting all that TNT. If there are no major objections, KermMartian will WorldEdit out the cobble wall.
CVSoft wrote:

Calculations to predict the amount of TNT required to remove the wall estimate that 100000 sand would be required to craft the TNT, which is rather excessive.

KermMartian wrote:

As a player, I support the removal of this eyesore. As an administrator, I support saving the 100K blocks of sand that would be required to TNT the walls down as well as reducing the lag/load risk associated with blasting all that TNT. If there are no major objections, KermMartian will WorldEdit out the cobble wall.

While it seems that gathering that much sand should not be a problem as long as you pull one layer off the desert seeing as that will happen over time anyway to fulfill player needs, the preference to not do that to the desert is understandable. Concurrently, while I don't think it is necessary to perform a worldedit because of controlled use of TNT, that is also understandable and I have no objections.
Is the server ever going to be updated to 1.8?
APotato wrote:
Is the server ever going to be updated to 1.8?

Short answer: Ever? Yes. Soon? No.

Long answer: Read these:
stickybutton wrote:

for KermM to see the signs in spawn
This has now been repaired. By the way, we haven't advertised it a lot yet, but the server is now at Minecraft 1.8!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay now I don't have to keep switching! Thanks and see you all this weekend!
Can I join the server? IGN is xXEllesarXx.
No need to ask, there's no whitelist, go ahead and login Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours