Christmas Update: Had a lovely belated christmas dinner with friends, and I bought myself a new computer case, as my current one is a cable management nightmare.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006I2H04I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is the case I got. Here's to hoping it works as advertised.

Kerm: Thanks for the college app support. I've finally submitted the first round of college apps. Stanford, Columbia, Carnegie Mellon, Stonybrook, and MIT. I can't wait until April to find out who will accept

I still rate this christmas as successful, even if I had a bit more work than I expected.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
I got a new computer to replace my 10 year old electronic. It has a 3.5 GHz 6 core processor and 8 GB of RAM. Even though it still doesn't run jsTIfied at full speed, I'm happy with it. Now I just have to learn Windows 8...
That's great to hear! If you're at all familiar with Windows 7, then Windows 8 shouldn't be terrible, but if your computer was ten years old, I bet you were using XP. Will you be harnessing the power of your new computer to play any games? What sort of a graphics card does it have?
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
I got a new computer to replace my 10 year old electronic. It has a 3.5 GHz 6 core processor and 8 GB of RAM. Even though it still doesn't run jsTIfied at full speed, I'm happy with it. Now I just have to learn Windows 8...
That's great to hear! If you're at all familiar with Windows 7, then Windows 8 shouldn't be terrible, but if your computer was ten years old, I bet you were using XP. Will you be harnessing the power of your new computer to play any games? What sort of a graphics card does it have?
It has an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series graphics card. I have been playing Starcraft 2 on it (with extreme settings Very Happy) and I plan on using it to play Minecraft when I have it installed.
Ten-year necropost? Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, happy holidays otherwise! Are you all having a pleasant day with friends, family, or yourself? Any good presents (again, from others or from yourself)?
Merry Christmas! (And a necropost free new year!) Have a nice day!
Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be spending a (hopefully) pleasant day with family. I hope everyone else's day goes well Smile

Edit:
It was indeed very pleasant!
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be spending a (hopefully) pleasant day with family. I hope everyone else's day goes well Smile

Merry Christmas I hope you enjoy Smile
I can't miss out on this opportunity to post on a 16-year-old thread...

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Merry Christmas all
Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas. Maybe the contest winners will come in time to us as our Christmas surprise?
Merry Christmas!! and of course I wish you all a happy new year.
Merry Christmas!
Sadly, no winners quite yet. I'll go off the record and give a decently confident garuntee it'll be done before this month's PoTM Smile
(Thats a joke. Holidays are hectic, I'll have more info sometime sooner.)
Hope yall have a good day today! I mean, I got a "free necropost", so pretty special for me.
I am proud to say that I was alive when this thread was created Smile
Lol. I was 4 months old.
Merry Christmas All!
Happy December 26. I celebrate Christmas and I got a lot of warm clothes and a tire pressure gauge (MUCH NEEDED) from my family. Hope everybody has a great day.
DOOMTROOPER762 wrote:
Happy December 26. I celebrate Christmas and I got a lot of warm clothes and a tire pressure gauge (MUCH NEEDED) from my family. Hope everybody has a great day.

Warm clothes and a tire pressure gauge sound like practical and thoughtful gifts. Wish my family gave me sth better or more useful than Christmas socks Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours