This fall, our good friends over at Omnimaga ran a TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus programming competition. There were eleven total entries, including quite a few from our members here, and one from myself. The judging in this contest proceeded in two stages: judging by a panel of judges, then voting by the community. Both phases are now complete, and shmibs has posted the results:

We apologize for how long it took, but the results are finally in and tallied. If you need a quick reminder, this year's competition was exclusively for the monochrome TI 83+/84+ series of calculators. There were had two categories, BASIC and Axe/Assembly/Hybrid BASIC.

Each entry in both categories was then judged in two ways: by a team of staff acting as judges (according to the criteria listed here), and via a forum public vote. The results from both sections were then determined by adding the results of each. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries in each category (as per described here). Now, without further ado, here are our three winners from each category!

Axe/Assembly/Hybrid BASIC
Tipover by Koen "Keoni29" van Vliet: 367.5
Jezzball by Christopher "Kerm Martian" Mitchell: 344.5
Pik0Pik0 by Zero44: 338.5

Pure BASIC
Plot+ by Caleb Hansberry: 367.5
Binary Puzzle by Sorunome: 309.25
Toy Wars by William Shipley: 269.75

And that's it! A hearty congratulations to the contest's winners as well as a big thank you to everyone who participated; we hope to see you all again next year! You can check out the Omnimaga topic for the full list of entries and their grades.

Congrats to all winners! Also I wish I could have participated, but sadly I've been more into 84+CSE/HP Prime dev lately, among work and stuff, and it would have taken me a very long while (months) to finish anything decent. >.<
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't write a TI-84+CSE game for the contest, but it turned out to be a good opportunity to challenge myself. I had never tried to make a program cross-platform from the same source, so I'm happy to have tried and succeeded. Congratulations indeed to all the winners, and I look forward to future Omnimaga contests.
I am so glad to have won! This means a lot to me! Thank you who voted for me!
CalebHansberry wrote:
And now you have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, so as you promised, you must load it up with Doors CSE 8. Wink I look forward to you making many cool programs and games.
KermMartian wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:
And now you have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, so as you promised, you must load it up with Doors CSE 8. Wink I look forward to you making many cool programs and games.

Haha, I'll certainly do that, and gladly. And way looking forward to entering the world of XLibC!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours