16aroth6 wrote:
I think I know what I'm going to do. CSE. Hope I have time.
Good luck! When in doubt, drop some of the fancier features so that it will at least be playable and functional by the deadline, then you can always add the extra features afterwards.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
If I had an 84+C I might have tried a Croquet port, which would benefit from color graphics and a larger playing field, but as it is, I think I'm probably gonna sit this one out.
Aw, not even a quick TI-BASIC monochrome entry? I suppose that's understandable, and I know you're busy these days.

I was trying to think over ideas, but nothing really came to mind. We'll see what happens.
Wish I had an idea.
CalebHansberry wrote:
Wish I had an idea.
Surely there must be some small, fun TI-BASIC game you could throw together in the next two and a half days. Smile
Anyone know if it is possible to make scrollable screens in Axe using AxeDCS?
Good luck to participants! By the way, can we use sprites from previously released mockups we created, but that were for a different game?
DJ_O wrote:
Good luck to participants! By the way, can we use sprites from previously released mockups we created, but that were for a different game?
I suppose that wouldn't be terrible. On the other hand, the contest deadline has come and gone, so it's a bit of a moot point. Smile
Oh right, it was tonight, I wasn't too sure anymore since I didn't check the date the other day. As for myself, I doubt I could have managed to get anything in for this contest, though, considering how slow I am at finishing stuff since recent years.
So now that the contest is done can we get a list of the entries that were submitted. I can't wait wait to see how this turns out!!!
geekboy1011 wrote:
So now that the contest is done can we get a list of the entries that were submitted. I can't wait wait to see how this turns out!!!

I second the motion.
Absolutely! I received a total of eight entries, only one of which was late (and only 5 minutes, so I'll forgive him or her; you know who you are). They are as follows:

- Fireball by 16aroth6
- DALL by Chickendude
- CalcWars by ordelore
- PvPCraft by FrozenFire49
- ArrowGPS by OHernandez
- Block Dude by Merthsoft
- Hangman by geekboy
- Chute by LuxenD

Good luck to all the contestants! I'm going to have to press one of you non-contestants into service as a second judge, I think.
I'll volunteer and try to find some time the next couple of days, as does this feller:

Quote:
[10:48] <elfprince> oh hai
[10:49] <elfprince> so judging tomorrow maybe?
[10:49] <elfprince> slash, tomorrow night more like
Thanks guys! That would be superb; with 8 entries, I think we can get judging done in about 3-4 days at the latest. Ideally by Wednesday, as we wouldn't want to grade the entries slower than our contestants took to create them. Very Happy
Is there a rubric for this contest?
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Is there a rubric for this contest?
Yes there is, and I made it last night before I sent the entries to our two other judges. They hope to get the entries graded by tomorrow morning, as do I, but no guarantees yet. Smile
Code:
RUBRIC/GRADING SHEET FOR CEMETECH CONTEST 11
==============================================

Grounds for Immediate Rejection of Entry:
----------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] 1. Entry not submitted by deadline.
[ ] 2. Entry was released before deadline (binary or source code).
[ ] 3. Program does not work (occasional bugs or glitches are okay but may reduce score)
[ ] 4. Program does not follow contest rules
[ ] 5. Program is not a game or does not use DCS/DCSE features

Grading Criteria, in Order of Importance
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Completeness and polish - SCORE _____/40
---- Is this entry functional and playable?
---- Would a user enjoy playing this game as it is now?
---- Does this game seem like something that will be excellent when finished?
---- Is this game relatively bug-free?

2. "Fun"/replayability - SCORE _____/25
---- Would a user find this easy-to-use?
---- Would a user replay this game repeatedly?
---- Is this an engrossing game?

3. Graphics (ASCII or bitmap), controls/interface, originality - SCORE _____/25
---- Clarity
---- Originality
---- Creative use of limited graphical resources

4. Readme file - SCORE _____/5
---- Describes game
---- Author info, including contact information
---- How to upload the game to the calculator
---- Requirements such as shells and libraries explicitly stated
---- Game play instructions
---- Credit authors of routines/programs

5. Source Code - SCORE _____/5
---- Quantity of Comments
---- Quality of Comments
---- Consistent coding style
---- Efficiency

6. Bonus Points - SCORE _____/10
---- Link play
---- Runs on more than one calc family / multiple platforms
---- Grayscale
---- Sound
---- Creativity of game design or concept
---- Judges' discretion

TOTAL SCORE _____ (maximum of 100 points before bonus)
i would like to receive the scoring of my submission, please. helps let me know what needs improvement, both with the game and my coding.
LuxenD wrote:
i would like to receive the scoring of my submission, please. helps let me know what needs improvement, both with the game and my coding.
Duly noted; we'll send you the rubrics when the judging process is complete and results are released.
KermMartian wrote:
LuxenD wrote:
Duly noted; we'll send you the rubrics when the judging process is complete and results are released.
I would also like to have my rubrics for the same reasons.
I would like it if you sent me the rubric for my program also. thanks
Sure thing, you two. But first we need to actually do that grading!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours