If you want, you can send me what you have and I can integrate it into what I have in the terms of menu. Working on adding more to data appvar.
Been a bit since the last update, been busy.

Got the first xLIBC command entered into the appvar. Will try my best to add more through the rest of the week.
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSE:BasicLibs:DrawMap

This page was updated, need to remember to reprint this page so it's up to date for the program.
Quote:
[12:18] <@Merth> There are two drawmap commands
[12:19] <@Merth> DrawMapA and DrawMapB.
[12:19] <@Merth> drawmapa uses os vars, like A and I and theta
[12:19] <@Merth> drawmapb uses the uservars
[12:20] <@Merth> so if you SetUservar(0,16 SetUservar(1,32 then you can use uservar 0 and 1 for those values

Just proof that I'm still adding to this project, as I have time/motivation. Appvar is quickly closing in on 13k. Kind of debating on how to tackle the displayer program in a way that it will let me update the appvar without having to redo considerable amounts to the menus and figuring out what line to pull from the appvar. Might need to use a list setup..

Edit:

Went ahead and finished up UserVariables section. Looks like the next section up is GetKey. Will hopefully start on that soon.
Good luck, tifreak. What do you mean about updating the appvar without having to redo menus? What is the impetus that will make you have to change things?
I'm sure that there will be more functions added, no? We've talked of adding a couple of things to celtic, and I'm sure if there is popular demand for something, tr1p will find a way to add it into xlibc. Would make it easier if you didn't have to fiddle with values in equations to determine what line was clicked on to access the line in the appvar when something new is added in, no?
tifreak8x wrote:
I'm sure that there will be more functions added, no? We've talked of adding a couple of things to celtic, and I'm sure if there is popular demand for something, tr1p will find a way to add it into xlibc. Would make it easier if you didn't have to fiddle with values in equations to determine what line was clicked on to access the line in the appvar when something new is added in, no?
Oh, definitely true. What about a simple index on one line at the beginning of the appvar that would list the indices of the start of each topic? Or is that overly simplistic and misses necessary functionality?
I guess I'd need an example of what you had in mind to include on it?
tifreak8x wrote:
I guess I'd need an example of what you had in mind to include on it?
Well, for example, for Topics A, B, and C:
Code:
:2,5,7
:Topic A Title
:Contents of Topic A
:Contents of Topic A
:Topic B Title
:Contents of Topic B
:Topic C Title
:Contents of Topic C
The "index" on the top line indicates that topics start on lines 2, 5, and 7.
Well, the appvar isn't divided like that. Everything that is involved with say xlibcsetup is all one line, separated by the % and @ symbols. As it stands now, it is the 17th line of text data. If we added to Celtic2 listing, the question is, do we move that down a line so xlibcsetup is now the 18th, or do we add the new Celtic function to the end of the appvar. I just want to leave this as easy to maintain as possible.
Somewhat of a note to self, want to have the title of the Library Helper reflect the current DCSE version, so it would indicate 8.0 for the current set of libraries, and any time DCSE sees a major version change, once LibHelp is updated, will also see the same version number.

Also got the UserVar section added to the appvar, working on GetKey. The description talks about the old, wish it had something more descriptive to what the function is.
Just want someone to look through the page for GetKey and beyond, see if you all think that they are good enough to be dropped into the program as is? The GetKey page didn't seem overly descriptive, but I'm not sure it needs to be. I'd love to have this project done at some point in the future.
I'd be happy to look at the page, but I think it's tr1p1ea who should have the final say on it, since he is the most familiar with the function's use. Then again, I think Merthsoft is also experienced with using it, unless his hybrid xLIBC programs use the regular getKey. I just integrated xLIBC into Doors CSE, so I understand the getKey functions about as well as you. Smile
Updating xlibc libraries now, working through GetKey, and decided to add in the table to show off the values of the keys based on the _getCSC values that xlibc uses:

More updates as they are available.

Edit:

Finished the GetKey section, 6 pages of data to display on screen.

Current size of data appvar: 17,198 bytes.

I still have:

DrawMap
DrawSprite
ManagePic
DrawString
DrawShape
xLIBCUtility
UpdateLCD

There is a -ton- of text data to sift through on these, to try to trim down to better fit on the calculator without losing meaning. Hopefully soon, though, this project will be completed.

Though, I still need to come up with a decent menu UI, and I have something in mind for that. Smile
Finished DrawSprite, appvar is currently sitting at 27,885 bytes. Surprised

5 sections remaining.
Superb! It was nice to chat about progress during HCWP this evening. For the sake of my complete lack of organization (and unfortunately, time) these days, what do you need from me and the text display system?
Well, we need something to display the menu based on what commands are under each library. I was thinking about using a list, that way one of us can update the appvar later and just add to the end of a file, have it set up in a format of category.command.

was how I was going to set up the UI, plus on that, add 2 more lines for the color palette and for the converter that we talked about.

The reader would just pull the string from the appvar, and (hopefully) be able to go back and forth in pages, if it isn't too difficult to implement. And a way to exit in mid section to go back to the previous menu, so one doesn't have to go through the whole section to do so.

Edit:

Inspiration on the page flipping. Everytime you seek out the @ character, that value+1-> new dimension of a list. Going back a page would do a dim(L#)-1->dim(L#, and then do a L#(dim(L# to get at the previous page.

Any time a section is accessed, list is dim('ed back to 0 and starts over.

Just wanted to post that before I forget.

And if you want me to work on that aspect, I really don't mind. I know you have a ton of projects right now, I don't want you to think I'm not willing to take the display code and run with it the rest of the way on my own Smile You'd still get the same credit.

Also, so it's logged:

Text(~1,0,0, is the header/large text
Text(14,0 is where the small text starts, then goes down 12 each time
Text(26,0 next line
Text(146,0 is the last line one can display to using the x12 method with the large text at the top, though that really won't matter, since you're searching out the @ characters anyways..
I could use a little bit of help with this code I'm writing to go through and display the colored boxes and values I would like to add in with LibHelper.

Currently, this is what it does:

As you can see, the value of the number doesn't increase/decrease, not sure yet what I'm doing wrong.

Code:
real(0,1,1)
51->W:0->B
While W=51
real(7,9,20,20,50,50,B,1)
real(6,1,90,20,B,1)
getKey->K
B-1((K=24 and B>0)-(K=26 and B<255->B

If K=21:1->W
End

real(0,1,0,1)

Is what I've got going so far, code wise. As this is my first venture in xlibc, the fact I got it working should speak volumes. lol

But, any ideas? I'd be grateful for assistance.
This should do the trick for you. You were specifying the color of the number as B and the value as 1. I changed it to color=B, number=B, and updateLCD=1.

SourceCoder 3 (LCOLOR) wrote:
:real(0,1,1)
:0->B
:Repeat K=21
:real(0,3,4,255,0 // White background. To optimize, only rect over the text
:real(7,9,20,20,50,50,B,0 // Colored rectangle
:real(6,1,90,20,B,B,1 // Both the number and the color are B
:Repeat K
:getKey->K
:End
:B-1((K=24 and B>0)-(K=26 and B<255->B
:End
:
:real(0,1,0,1)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours