I'm making a Minecraft-style arena game. You can choose the number of enemies and the size of the terrain. I currently have random terrain generation, enemy AI, mining, placing, and I'm currently working on the sword store. I also hope to add jumping/pillar-ing and a pickaxe store by the end of the day. Screen shots are coming once I have the sword store complete.
Is it safe to assume that we're talking about 2D, side-view combat at this point? Will you be using hybrid BASIC sprites for the enemies and player and terrain? Tell us more!
It's 2D Arial view using the home screen. It doesn't currently use sprites , but it uses colored numbers (health) as the characters. The terrain is currently different shades of gray, symbolizing height. Also, you can say the terrain acts like gravel/sand because you have to mine all the 'blocks' to open up that area.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
It's 2D Arial view using the home screen. It doesn't currently use sprites , but it uses colored numbers (health) as the characters.
Got it; that's rather clever.
Quote:
The terrain is currently different shades of gray, symbolizing height. Also, you can say the terrain acts like gravel/sand because you have to mine all the 'blocks' to open up that area.
I see, makes sense. Thanks for the clarifications, and good luck on building this game. I'm glad to hear that det(12) is coming in handy after all; it was something of a last-minute addition to Doors CSE.
After lagging through jsTIfied for an hour, and trying to upload the image for another hour, I finally have this screenshot:

Please ignore these bugs that are in the screenshot:
1. Menu not disappearing: jsTIfied glitch
2. Enemy disappearing temporarily: also a jsTIfied glitch
3. Game not detecting defeated enemy: Program bug, already fixed
Pretty interesting! Can't wait to see where this goes! Can you build a little fort around you?
assemblybandit wrote:
Pretty interesting! Can't wait to see where this goes! Can you build a little fort around you?
You can if you have enough materials, but the enemy can also mine it down, and later jump over it.
Build a fire wall!
assemblybandit wrote:
Build a fire wall!
Good idea, I'll have to add that and other block types later, but it probably won't be before I summit this for the contest Sad.
First, I think I'll change the name to PvP Craft (mainly because it is fits in the program name). Tell me if you think I should change it back or if you have a different name suggestion.

Second, I finally finished the goals I had set for yesterday with some minor additions Very Happy.
    Main menu with controls screen
    Pickaxe store
    Jumping and placing a block under you, giving you access to a different height (enemies can do the same)

Now I have about 6 hours to find and any fix bugs. Exciting.
KillCrft! How high can a player go?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll put that into consideration.

The player can go 5 blocks high (the number of the shades of gray that the OS has). The number will increase when I add non-OS shades.

Edit:

The program is now submitted. I'm pretty sure it's bug-free. If there is a bug, I know where it would be, but the AIs won't let me test it out.Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours