The lack of maple was sad, and it truly goes excellently with bacon. But I had homegrown-and-harvested honey, which was also delicious Smile
Tonight was comfort food night:
Fun!

I made some honey-glazed carrots:

Photo540 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo539 by elfprince13, on Flickr

And I made apple cinnamon bread with the yeasty dregs of our big jug of home-made hard cider:

Photo542 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo541 by elfprince13, on Flickr
The most delicious chocolate cheesecake ever made:
Yummy!
Laura made a roll cake for when we hang out with Jonimus and Tari!
That looks delicious - what is the filling?
I candied some orange peels. It takes way too long to do and I probably won't do it again. They taste delicious though.
Stuffed pork loin medallions served with grilled asparagus in a three-cheese alfredo sauce. perfect way to wind out a weekend!
i don't have pics but i'll take some the next time i make it
ercarver wrote:
Stuffed pork loin medallions served with grilled asparagus in a three-cheese alfredo sauce. perfect way to wind out a weekend!
i don't have pics but i'll take some the next time i make it
That sounds delicious! What cheeses do you use for the sauce, and how do you prepare it?

Kaslai: I definitely believe that that's hugely time-consuming. Smile
simple bechemel sauce starting with a roux then adding half-and-half (richer taste) then melting in asiago, romano, and parmesan cheeses.
Indian rice + raisin wine. We made about three bottles from that jug, all about the size of the one on the table.

Bottling our wine by elfprince13, on Flickr
Oh my god this is an actual topic! Well I usually don't bake, but here's a comic I found relevant to the topic somewhat:

I've never baked anything before, so I thought I'd try something easy to start with - the classic British teatime treat, a Victoria sponge.

The recipe I used can be found on BBC Good Food: Granny's Victoria sponge.
That looks delicious Smile
Yum! Nice work Ben!

[edit]

Here's a banana, I sliced it down the center (but left the bottom skin intact), and stuffed in butter and cocoa and brown sugar, wrapped it in foil and put it in the toaster oven for a while. Based on a similar concoction I make while camping which substitutes caramel and chocolate for the other ingredients and a camp fire for a toaster oven. Delicious either way.

Untitled by elfprince13, on Flickr

Banana bread! I mostly followed this recipe, but added extra vanilla and a pile of cocoa, plus shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips, and walnuts. Serve with cream cheese for maximum deliciousness.

Banana Bread! by elfprince13, on Flickr

[edit]

Also delicious, but still needs some work:

Szilvás gombóc - plum dumplings by elfprince13, on Flickr
I made curry for lunch|dinner today. It's about 1oz of solid curry "paste" (about 1/3 of the recommended amount; just as much flavor with less sodium), about 2 cups of water, a pound of defrosted and diced chicken breast, one yellow onion, some sliced baby carrots, and broccoli. I also tossed in a bit of garlic, salt, and pepper, and simmered for about 30 minutes.

What type of curry paste did you use?
Looks tasty, KermM, and I second elfprince's question. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours