something1990 has hit on an interesting point, and I think it would be AWESOME if Cemetech oversaw the product of a COMPLETE guide to TI-BASIC, from linking and setup, to beginning, moderate, and advanced programming, to tips, tricks, and even a discussion of BASIC vs. ASM. I would like if it was book length, as Ithink I mention before, so we could even perhaps (!!!!) publish!!
Yes! I finally came up with a good idea for these forums. The irony of it is I probably won't be able to contribute to the actual project. Everyone here knows more than I do. I guess good things can come from rants.
Problem is, most of us don't even have time for something like that...
Of course not, but if we could get a lot of people interested, and set it up as some kind of wiki, it could be made into an excellent project.
@TiFreak I dont think you get what I'm trying to say here. Wesplit up the project and give certain people assignments. One can do greyscale, another linking, etc. It's like when you feed a baby; a baby doesn't have the time or patience to keep chewing on big pieces, so that's why you break it down to little bite size pieces, thus making it easier on the baby. I'm not calling anyone a baby, but giving people "little bite sized" assignments that they could handle with their free time is a good idea.
Analogy understood. And I must say I agree with you there.
http://calcgames.org/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&action=opentopic&topic=1171&forum=Discussion

Check that link out...
something1990 wrote:
@TiFreak I dont think you get what I'm trying to say here. Wesplit up the project and give certain people assignments. One can do greyscale, another linking, etc. It's like when you feed a baby; a baby doesn't have the time or patience to keep chewing on big pieces, so that's why you break it down to little bite size pieces, thus making it easier on the baby. I'm not calling anyone a baby, but giving people "little bite sized" assignments that they could handle with their free time is a good idea.

Your "bite-sized pieces" would have to practically be paragraphs if you want any significant portion to be done I think.

Publishing it is an intriguing idea, but I don't think it would be feasible to do so. Mainly because the only market would be people who just got their calc and don't mind buying a ~$10.00 guide that calls them noobs. So;
6000 total uploading programmers (~5500 registered users on ticalc, some don't upload at all, and there are other people that don't upload to ticalc but upload to places like UTI.)
1/50 noobs=120 total noobs
120*$10=$1200
$1200= Sad (In my state at least, you could earn ~50% more in 1 month working at minimum wage.)
However, we might be able to persuade TI to host it or put a link to it on their site.
that would be an interesting idea for it to happen
The only reason I thought of that was because I remember after I first got my calc I expected TI to have all the games and things on their site. This way if noobs follow the same logic they'll at least find something to make their own games with.
I thought the same too when I started calcs, now I only go there for OS updates
I dont even go there to update my OS. The last update I heard about made function graphing slower, so I didn't bother to get it.
Only if you let it check for discontinuity, it's the same speed otherwise...
I got the impression that checking wasn't optional. Confused
I thought it only happened when the XRes was 1. On the Titanium, the Discontinuity Check forces the XRes to be 1, but when turned off, it can go to another value. Try changing the XRes, if you can't, then I guess Discontinuity Checking is forced, otherwise, it should turn off.
it does turn off at 2, but make nasty looking graphs. It should be able to be turned off at 1 I think, and a 0 makes it check (my opinion though)
If I switch the calc to parametric mode, will it still check?
not sure, I never used it
I think the article I saw the news on said it did. I'm not sure.
I believe parametric mode does indeed do discontinuity checking.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours