Allrigth Guys. (sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask)

but I've been looking for a Great Circle Sailing Program for my CASIO fx-CG 20 Calculator.

The problem is... there's is none. or at least i've been looking in the Wrong direction.

And i need some help.

For you who dont know what Great Circle Sailing is. It's a simple way to Calculate your route when you are sailing long distances. All you have to do is, to type inn your: Latitude, Longitude, Speed etc. and your route is calculated.

The thing is... there is already a program for CASIO

http://www.nauticalalmanac.it/en/navigation-astronomy/basic-for-mariners.html

But it doesn't work with the newer version of CASIO.

so If there is anyone who can convert the old code.. into a Working CASIO fx-CG 20. i would gladly pay you, for your hard work. (paypal)

Any questions?, feel free to ask me at: Nikkopett@gmail.com
This sounds pretty interesting, and would you want this program in a .g3a (application) or as a fx-cg 20 basic program? I am assuming that for the link above, the first program is the one you want ported?
zeldaking wrote:
This sounds pretty interesting, and would you want this program in a .g3a (application) or as a fx-cg 20 basic program? I am assuming that for the link above, the first program is the one you want ported?

Looks like it's basic. Shouldn't be too hard to port. Looking at the code now. Razz
Yeah, I grabbed the pdf and already have about a fourth written over.
This is Amazing guys!..
Im currently studying to be a Deck Officer in Norway. And many of us have bought the newer version of CASIO calculators. and for some reason.. we cannot link over the program from the older Casio's over to the newer one using the Link cable option.

And im not gonna spend another 100$ to buy my self an older version... if you get my point Smile

Here is an example on a Great circle sailing task(in norwegian.. but i translated the important parts):

http://i.imgur.com/Wxm58P3.png

EDIT: Forgot the mention that,
N=orth is Latitude.
and W=est is longitude

IMPORTANT: West must be negative. Like so: -073*00'00

same goes for (S)outh.
Ahh, I understand now.. I didn't really get what it was by just reading that program in the first link.
Reviving a dead thread, Rolling Eyes

Does anyone know of a program of this sort or have one hidden away in old folders? Idea Shock

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours