*Double Bump*
So I was wondering how you would program, in PrizmC, a background that moves and has set interactive tiles like the game gravity.
Quote:
Also what would be an easier way of checking to see if some one has four in a row or someone almost has four in a row without a TON of if statements?

1) Loop over each subset of 4 cells in a column for each column. See if they're all the same piece
2) Loop over each subset of 4 cells in a row for each row. See if they're all the same piece
3) Loop over each possible diagonal subset, see if they're all the same piece.
Reading through the source of tifreak8x's TI-BASIC Connect-4 game might help.

krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
*Double Bump*
So I was wondering how you would program, in PrizmC, a background that moves and has set interactive tiles like the game gravity.
Moves in what way? Do you mean tilemapping?

Edit by Merth: Fixed BBCode tags.
Kinda like fall down but going horizontal.
*UPDATE*

A screenie (kinda) of what I have so far on my newest project.

Hey, that looks great! Nice title screen. I don't know if you've considered it, but that looks like it could be easily palettized to save bytes (and SourceCoder can do it for you!).
How could I do that? And what would I be able to do with it?
*Bump*
What does DisplayMainMenu( void ); do in the latest Prizm SDK do?
or does nobody know?
I believe it draws the main menu to VRAM without actually entering the main menu.
ok now that i'm home I can test and see what it does.

*edit*
So I figured out that DisplayMainMenu(); turns the background to look like the Main screen without any apps.
*Bump*
Ok so long time since I last posted (school started) and so I decided to figure out something.

I got this error when I hit clean in one of my projects pages in prizm SDK:

Code:

J:\Programming\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\TicTacToe>..\..\bin\make.exe clean
rm -f -fr build J:/Programming/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/TicTacToe/TicTacToe.bin J:/
Programming/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/TicTacToe/TicTacToe.g3a
      1 [main] rm 6724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer
.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

J:\Programming\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\TicTacToe>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas on this?
This is a Cygwin issue rather than a PrizmSDK issue. I noticed that Googling the meat of that warning message returns a few relevant results that suggest causes and solutions, so see if that does the trick for you.
ok thanks!
*Bump*
So how would you change the background color to black?
Also with the text input function could you make it do printminifix instead of printXY? And how would you do that?

*edit*
Any ideas on how to solve this?

http://pastebin.com/yueWEiQR

Also, I noticed on the nspireio page that there is a version 3.1. Where would the different files go in the PrizmSDK folder? And which files do I need specifically?
*Double bump*
So I was wondering if someone had an example of

Code:
nio_InitConsole(nio_console* c, int size_x, int size_y, int offset_x, int offset_y, char background_color, char foreground_color);

in action.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours