So my casio has suddenly stopped booting. I have not modified it in any way other than adding a few games. When I attempt to turn it on i am greeted by a screen saying:

System ERROR
REBOOT : [EXIT]
INITIALIZE : [EXE]
ADDRESS (R)
TARGET=4A494A51
PC =8815FFB8

I cannot connect with my computer do update the os because I cannot go to the menu where I can connect (redundant, I know). I have tried multiple times to reboot it and I am greeted by the same exact screen. I need my calculator as soon as possible and any help is greatly appreciated. Ask questions if you need to.
I'm sad to hear it. But do not fear, as your calculator is almost certainly recoverable, and you can probably do it yourself.

You'll need the following things: a computer, a miniUSB to USB cable (the one that came with your calculator is fine) and an OS update to send to the calculator. Oh, and of course you're going to need the calculator.

You can download the latest OS version here: http://edu.casio.com/products/cg_soft/en/cg_agreement.html (you'll need to accept the agreement, then select "OS Update for Ver.1.04" and proceed to download it.

Get these things ready. Then execute the OS updater EXE (it should have come inside a ZIP file). Go through the OS updating process as normal, and on the step when it asks to go on the normal OS update menu, you do the following:

On the calculator, press F2, 4 (the digit) and AC/ON, do not let go of them, then press the RESTART button on the back. A blank display should appear. Now press the 9 key for about a second, and then the X (times) for another second.
This invokes the emergency OS updater.
Connect the calculator to the computer through USB and proceed with the OS update on the computer as normal.
Hopefully, by the end it should reboot, and work without problems. You may have lost some data, or maybe not, you'll see.

Please give feedback on how it went.
Sorry for taking a while to reply, but sadly it didn't work. After pressing F2, 4, AC/ON, and reset together the screen would go black for a few seconds. Then it would present a loading screen and take me back to the same error screen.
I think you need to leave F2, 4 and AC/ON pressed for a bit even after pressing reset. The idea is that when it gets past the black screen, the keys are still pressed.
Okay so I have successfully made it into the screen saying "OS error please update OS" and I started to update it. MY calculator acknowledged that it was being updated and once my computer said the update was done my calculator went back to the error screen. Any ideas?
hello, excuse me, as you set up your calculator, I have the same problem and it gave me a headache, I manage to update it with the + f2 ac-on + reset buttons 4 +., x + 9, is installing, but becomes the same system error message, help, greetings from Peru
hello, excuse me, as you set up your calculator, I have the same problem and it gave me a headache, I manage to update it with the + f2 ac-on + reset buttons 4 +., x + 9, is installing, but becomes the same system error message, help, greetings from Peru
So you are able to get into emergency OS updater mode?
and finish the update successfully?
but it finishes with restart going back to the above system error?
Also which OS version were you on when this Error happened?
And if you managed to update to which version was it? 2.02?
hello .. am luis amazonka inform you that no, under no version..encontre a program to install other versions but no. did not catch on anything and casio told me I have to take it to technical co hopefully that aora another calculator ..... I miss my calculator ... = (
si alguien tuviera alguna otra solucion o me dijera que puedo soldar o algo por el estilo, se los agradeceria mi correo es luish3@gmail.com

if anyone has any other solution , let me know, tell me I can weld or something like that , I'd appreciate my mail is luish3@gmail.com
A small hint for anyone who encounters the same Problem: You can get into Examination Mode and from there you can recover you data before you enter the Emergency Update Mode.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours