Hey everyone! About two mounths ago me an some friends purchased a Minecraft sever. Unfortunately some greifers came and destroyed most of it so we had to start a new map. Recently there has been less activity on the server than normal. I was wondering if anyone had any interest in helping rebuild the server. the theme of our server is "Midievil RPG", so this would include building castles, guild, quests, towns, and so much more. Please pm me for the IP and if I get enough interest I will post the IP in this topic! Please post any questions or comments below.

Very Happy Cool Wink
I think we already are about saturated with our own server, mc.cemetech.net. If you want to save yourself some money, though, I'd be more than interested in talking about merging your map into ours and/or involving the Cemetech MC server in that sort of building and role-playing. Smile
That would be really cool Kerm. One point of our server was to use as few plugins as possible. We used a lot of command blocks for this, so I'm not sure about how you'd feel about command blocks. Maybe we could use some sort of admins only access to command blocks. The other thing is that we'd need to use some sort of world manager so we could have an PRG map and a Cemetech map. Also have you thought of making a freebuild or greifing map?
If you look at our online map, we have about four worlds already. So, World Management isn't an issue. However, adminship in one world means adminship in the others. So that's something we'll have to figure out.
You can get plugins for that I think!
Well my idea for quests is that anything magical/automatic is done with command blocks. I think that we should use a special world gen to make the world more diverse and exciting. We of course would put the option to enter the world in the spawn area or we could even make a special domain for the world completely (like "fq.cemetech.net"). I also think that the quests should be user made, except for any command blocks, those have to be done by an admin. Of course if the server is an RPG server its theme will be Medieval and the player should be able to use magic in their battles. I also would go for a PvP style combat along with bosses and maybe a mo' mobs mod (Yes there are ones that don't require client mods). Also I want all economy to be XP or scoreboard based. All of this can be done with command blocks with very little effort. I also have this idea for an item bank that would use ender chests to store items for people. All of the RPG aspects except anti-greifing and mo' mobs can be done in vanilla Minecraft and I think should be. That's all i have for now if anyone has any ideas or comments please post them. constructive criticism is always loved! Thanks!
Just for anyone who wants it, the server IP is: 198.24.170.138:43170. Any help building would be greatly loved. We kinda need it right now because a team of greifers destroyed our last server.
Just for fun I'm posting some pictures of what we have for a map so far.

On mc.cemetech.net I cannot build anything. I don't know if there is a problem with one of your plugins, but I hope you can fix it.
Asian wrote:
On mc.cemetech.net I cannot build anything. I don't know if there is a problem with one of your plugins, but I hope you can fix it.

It's a public server, yes, but the building privileges are whitelisted to prevent griefers. You will have to be added to the permissions so you may build.

I know there's no immediately clear topic for our (Cemetech) server, but this topic is for another server. If you are referring to the Cemetech server you can continue at the topic I linked to (which, still isn't our official one, I can't find that one!), if it's about Spuds server feel free to continue posting here.
So spud, I think there's certainly value in merging your servers' users and builders into ours; the work there seems to be of reasonably high quality. Our current worlds include a Museum World for archived builds and the main Survival PvE world. While the PvE is fun, I have always personally enjoyed economy+Towny-based PvP, so I think it might be worthwhile to consider a future version of the Cemetech Minecraft server (potentially merged with yours) that offers Towny protections instead of a no-stealing rule in PvE. I'd have to run that past our users, of course, but I think they might enjoy it. I'm not sure that our server is well-suited to a pure RPG experience, as I don't believe many of our users are Minecraft RPG fans.
KermMartian wrote:
So spud, I think there's certainly value in merging your servers' users and builders into ours; the work there seems to be of reasonably high quality. Our current worlds include a Museum World for archived builds and the main Survival PvE world. While the PvE is fun, I have always personally enjoyed economy+Towny-based PvP, so I think it might be worthwhile to consider a future version of the Cemetech Minecraft server (potentially merged with yours) that offers Towny protections instead of a no-stealing rule in PvE. I'd have to run that past our users, of course, but I think they might enjoy it. I'm not sure that our server is well-suited to a pure RPG experience, as I don't believe many of our users are Minecraft RPG fans.

Well, I'd certainly be in on this, but I'm not certain how much time I'd be able to devote, my laptop's tendency to die while running Minecraft notwithstanding...
KermMartian wrote:

Well, I'd certainly be in on this, but I'm not certain how much time I'd be able to devote, my laptop's tendency to die while running Minecraft notwithstanding...
Nobody cares about Minecraft anymore. It's 2013, in case you didn't get that memo.
KermMartian wrote:

Well Kerm I would also be inviting other people (meaning non-cemetechians) to this part of the server so I think that we would have a larger user-base if we where to combine the servers. I was even thinking of getting a couple of ads on the interwebz. Also I would like to make this mostly RPG based with lots of user made quests but if thats not possible I understand. Along with the adds i would also like to try to get a forwarding IP if possible. Also what do you think of everything being made with command blocks?
the economics-based world sounds like a fantastic idea! im not sure how feasible the RPG part would be, however. but, i dont do too many fancy things with it, so...

Ads? forget it. pretty sure we dont need ads.

i'm waiting for AHelper's two cents, though, due to that he tends to spend the most time active on the cemetech mc server.
It's not really that hard to make quests and I was actually thinking a of an XP based market therefor making the rewards for quests easier. All I mean by an RPG server is that it would have Quests and would be economy based. Its not that herd to make XP shops with command blocks so that kinda the way I'm leaning. My original idea wasn't to have any plots but I'm sure that its possible to do that with command blocks too. other wise im kinda hoping to keep a certain theme to the server in terms of building things. actually I think making rent-able housing is the way to go. It would allow for you to easily do what you want with a plot, then if you want to go into the wild you can stop renting and you can build a house in the wild.
Would anyone find any use in having colored prefixes, nicknames and sigs in Minecraft's chat? If so let me know because I just recently wrote a plugin for that and I'm sure Kerm would add it if you guys want!
Spud, I have considered the matter, and I don't think you should pursue merging servers. You have a decent thing going, and if you do merge, you will lose an appreciable amount of control over your server to Kerm and Comic.
CalebHansberry wrote:
.... you will lose an appreciable amount of control over your server to Kerm and Comic.

Not necessarily. It'll still be the mc.cemetech.net address but in his world he'll have control and in the main worlds Kerm would have control. Granted, Kerm or Myself could temporarily give ourselves the power to admin his world but I don't see that happening unless there was a dire situation and Spud can't be reached for a few days or a week.

He will be limited to what he can install plugin wise (KermM or myself will have to OK his plugins to ensure server stability and security, and not just of the MC Server) and we'll of course update the server at our discretion.

Having two different styles of gameplay under the same address could be beneficial but also confusing. It's something we can definitely try and then decide if we want to continue or if it's best to be separate servers.

Lasltly, Spud, what do you mean by a sigs in Minecrafts chat? Would each line be suffixed with a sentence? So, "lol" would turn into "lol - I LOVE MINECRAFT, WILL TRADE GOLD FOR STRING!" That just sounds... unneeded.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours