Clock Utils is a TI-84+ BASIC prog that has several clock, time, and date utilities.
This will mostly be an independent project, but there ate times where I will need help.

Functions:
Analog Clock*
Digital Clock
Time/Date Setting
Time & Date Back Up/Restore
Day of Week
Days between date*
Timer*
Stop Watch

*I need some help with this.

Also, I want some ideas! Feel free to comment with ideas!
For your timer, look at the checkTmr and startTmr function. For your analog clock, you can find the necessary x and y values for the end of your hands by inputting degrees into cos( and sin( (x and y respectively. To create a line 1 unit long at 45 degrees from a horizontal, I would run Line(0,0,cos(45),sin(45
For days between date, try the following:

Code:
For(A,1,2
Input "Month:",M
Input "Day:",D
Input "Year:", Y
If A=1
Then
1000D+Y→X
If A=2
1000D+Y→Z
End
dbd(M.X,M.Z)→X
Disp X

I'm pretty sure this will work, but I don't have my calculator on hand.
Tell me if there's any bugs, and I'll try to fix them.
Roguebantha wrote:
For your timer, look at the checkTmr and startTmr function. For your analog clock, you can find the necessary x and y values for the end of your hands by inputting degrees into cos( and sin( (x and y respectively. To create a line 1 unit long at 45 degrees from a horizontal, I would run Line(0,0,cos(45),sin(45

gaventemples31415 wrote:
For days between date, try the following:

Code:
For(A,1,2
Input "Month:",M
Input "Day:",D
Input "Year:", Y
If A=1
Then
1000D+Y→X
If A=2
1000D+Y→Z
End
dbd(M.X,M.Z)→X
Disp X

I'm pretty sure this will work, but I don't have my calculator on hand.
Tell me if there's any bugs, and I'll try to fix them.

Thanks, i'll put you in the credits.
When rendering an analogue clock I find it best to normalise the hand positions first (that is, express them as a value between 0 and 1). This is because when it is quarter to five the hour hand should be three quarters of the way between four and five (and not stuck on the four), so instead of converting 4 to the correct hour hand position you would want to convert 4.75 to the hour hand position. This would be accomplished by adding the hour component to the previously-normalised minute hand position.

If you have hour, minute and second components in the variables H, M and S you could convert them to their normalised positions like this (where H→I, M→N, S→T):

Code:
S/60→T
(M+T)/60→N
(H+N)/12→I

You would then multiply I, N and T by 2π to get the angle of each hand in radians.
I'm a sophomore in highschool you are way over my head!
Why don't you try reading what he said, and then explaining it back to us in your own words? Sometimes "helping" means that we teach you something, rather than just give you code to copy and paste into your program.

None of the mathematics in what he said requires anything more complicated than simplifying fractions. If the vocabulary is what's tripping you up, you can try pulling up a dictionary for the large words, and if that still doesn't help, ask us to explain what they mean.
That's the funniest response I have read on these forums (sorry - Fora). However, I concur.
Quote:
I'm a sophomore in highschool you are way over my head!

So am I!
Actually, I came up with a better idea. I'll go off what elfprince13 said and let you figure out the code, but I'll start you off:
1. Start the same (go up to the first if statement).
2. The equation I gave you won't work.
3. There is a syntax when you try to do the dbd( command.

If you need help with the equation, I'll help, but won't give you the entire code.
P.S. If you have a TI-84 up, you'll have to change the answer to a decimal.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours