16aroth6 wrote:
It is like an interface.
You can change the options for the thingy when you turn it on.
It is similar to mirage OS.
It is not complete yet, but Im sure It may have asm, basic, maby ion, and maby axe.

Oh that's cool.

Yea, currently I only can play flash games. ASM, basics, etc doesn't work for my calc for some reason. Even tried asm(.

I'm not a big fan of Mirage OS, so I guess I'll wait for Door CSE!
Welcome to Cemetech, Rick! Yes, this is the right place to ask those questions, and to answer your questions in order:
- Doors CS is like Doors CS 7.2. MirageOS is a TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus shell, allowing it to run more advanced programs. Doors CS 7.2 is one as well, albeit newer, with many more features and fewer bugs, and (in my opinion) a more user-friendly interface. You could think of Doors CSE as being like MirageOS.
- It gives the calculator a whole new interface when you want to run programs, create folders, and so on. However, the calculator continues to be a math calculator, and you just press [CLEAR] from Doors CSE to return to the main math homescreen. You can later press [ON][PRGM] or select DoorsCSE from the [APPS] menu to run Doors CSE. When you turn on the calculator, it will not automatically open Doors CSE unless you enable the option for that.
- All of them.
Im not sure if either of these have been reported yet, but I found a few bugs.

I can't get the lower case to work (I don't know if it has been implimented yet).

Also on the main interface, When scrolling between programs, If there are less than 1 screen full of programs, and you go up on the top row, or down on the bottom row, It will go to the last program listed. The left and right seem to work alright though.
I can't wait for Doors to come out of beta for my new calc! Graphing Calculator
Thanks, guys! Just to reiterate and consolidated the existing list of reported and newly-fixed bugs:
Reported, Confirmed, Not Yet Repaired:
(Crash bugs from t.ross; need clarification)
Reported, Confirmed, Fixed:
- Pressing something other than [MODE]/[CLEAR] acts like [ENTER] at the Properties menu.
- Lowercase setting has stopped working
- Fix scrolling down from the bottom row
- Clock doesn't appear instantly when enabled.
- Fix speed issues in CMonster and Calcuzap
- Deleting the DCS8 or DCS8b AppVars causes DCSE messages to instantly pop up, even in the Memory menu.
- Display name for non-DCS ASM programs in InfoPop
- Fix brightness issue from InfoPop on icon #14
Hi!

Many thanks Kerm for letting me test your new DCS8! It is going to be an great benefit for our color calculators. I've had 2 RAM clears in the 2 days I've been testing it. I hope i can help you a tiny bit with my bugs / tips:

1. The up-down scrolling is counter intuitive. On my calc going up or down always makes the cursor go to the last icon. No matter how many apps i've got, it behaves always the same. It took me quite a bit of time to figure out what was happing with the cursor Razz

2. The clock doesn't work the first time you activate it. The first time you enable the clock, you just get an empty space. Not really a big deal, just a detail...

3. When i run Calcuzap from archive, DCS will cheat a bit Smile. I just have to hold the 2nd key and it keeps firing bullets at a random rate. NOTE: on 5 it keeps shooting, on 1 it won't shoot at all Sad

4. Cmonster doesn't work at all when run through DCS. I can't move the paddle, no matter what speed i give it.

5. Just a tiny opinion: I think DCS has too little colors. It looks quite grey and a little bit red. What happened to the other colors of the rainbow :O? Its just my opinion, but i think DCS would look much cooler with a colorful menu button / menu background...

6. Also not a bug but more an improvement: If an prgm doesn't have a description, it just gets an half empty info pop... Could the infopop be made smaller to fits it content? Or perhaps you could display the name of the prgm in the empty space

7. RAM clear 1: My first time playing around with DCS. After playing just 15min with DCS, it chrashed my calc Sad I don't know exactly what i did, but i just ran some basic prgms, nothing special. When i pressed GRAPH, the graph screen was black. 1 second later, my calc went black. When i turned it back on, all my ram was gone. I have not been able to recreate this crash. NOTE: it thinks it crashed because of my abc formula prom. You can download it from ticalc if you wish.

8. RAM clear 2: I opened the prgm menu and it was empty. 1 second later my calc went black again and cleared is ram... I don't no anything more what happened, i just wanted to use it in my math class. Bad timing... I haven't been able to recreate the crash

9. (This is my last for now!) This was my most annoying bug found, i've had it 2 times. it happened when i was done playing a asm game through the homerun hook. Everything looked fine when it took me back to the calc screen. But when i opened the prgm menu, ALL my prgms were gone! Archived and ram, basic and asm -> ALL Sad ... Except for my flash apps, they didn't go away! When i ungrouped the prgms my calc said they were already there. I had to restart my calc and ungroup everything to make them reappear.... I didn't get any ram cleared warning what-so-ever. It has already happen twice and next time i will record it. I know how strange this may sound...

Many thanks for reading my long post, i hope i helped you a bit making this great shell! I can't wait to get the beta 3 Very Happy
t.roos8500 wrote:
Hi!

Many thanks Kerm for letting me test your new DCS8! It is going to be an great benefit for our color calculators. I've had 2 RAM clears in the 2 days I've been testing it. I hope i can help you a tiny bit with my bugs / tips:

1. The up-down scrolling is counter intuitive. On my calc going up or down always makes the cursor go to the last icon. No matter how many apps i've got, it behaves always the same. It took me quite a bit of time to figure out what was happing with the cursor Razz
I'm working on fixing that.

Quote:
2. The clock doesn't work the first time you activate it. The first time you enable the clock, you just get an empty space. Not really a big deal, just a detail...
It takes about 5 seconds to appear, right? I noticed that too. I just fixed it; please check that it's fixed in the next beta.

Quote:
3. When i run Calcuzap from archive, DCS will cheat a bit Smile. I just have to hold the 2nd key and it keeps firing bullets at a random rate. NOTE: on 5 it keeps shooting, on 1 it won't shoot at all Sad

4. Cmonster doesn't work at all when run through DCS. I can't move the paddle, no matter what speed i give it.
These two are known issues; I'm working with Patrick D. to figure this out.

Quote:
5. Just a tiny opinion: I think DCS has too little colors. It looks quite grey and a little bit red. What happened to the other colors of the rainbow :O? Its just my opinion, but i think DCS would look much cooler with a colorful menu button / menu background...
While I think it's true that it will be nice to have lots of colors available for use, I think I'd prefer to make DCS itself low-key, and let icons for programs stand out.

Quote:
6. Also not a bug but more an improvement: If an prgm doesn't have a description, it just gets an half empty info pop... Could the infopop be made smaller to fits it content? Or perhaps you could display the name of the prgm in the empty space
I agree about the program name. I didn't have room to do this, but now that the ColorLine routine is a bcall() onto Page 1, I have space for it.

Quote:
7. RAM clear 1: My first time playing around with DCS. After playing just 15min with DCS, it chrashed my calc Sad I don't know exactly what i did, but i just ran some basic prgms, nothing special. When i pressed GRAPH, the graph screen was black. 1 second later, my calc went black. When i turned it back on, all my ram was gone. I have not been able to recreate this crash. NOTE: it thinks it crashed because of my abc formula prom. You can download it from ticalc if you wish.

8. RAM clear 2: I opened the prgm menu and it was empty. 1 second later my calc went black again and cleared is ram... I don't no anything more what happened, i just wanted to use it in my math class. Bad timing... I haven't been able to recreate the crash

9. (This is my last for now!) This was my most annoying bug found, i've had it 2 times. it happened when i was done playing a asm game through the homerun hook. Everything looked fine when it took me back to the calc screen. But when i opened the prgm menu, ALL my prgms were gone! Archived and ram, basic and asm -> ALL Sad ... Except for my flash apps, they didn't go away! When i ungrouped the prgms my calc said they were already there. I had to restart my calc and ungroup everything to make them reappear.... I didn't get any ram cleared warning what-so-ever. It has already happen twice and next time i will record it. I know how strange this may sound...
Can you tell me more about the programs that caused this? It will be particularly helpful if you can give me precise steps, starting from a RAM clear, to reproduce these problems.

Quote:
Many thanks for reading my long post, i hope i helped you a bit making this great shell! I can't wait to get the beta 3 Very Happy
Many thanks for the thorough testing! The more testing and reporting you guys do, the better and more stable the user experience for everyone when Doors CSE 8.0 comes out.
When I get a BASIC error, and I press Goto, it displays the first 2 lines (since it is :DCS and hex code), it eliminates the name of the program, moves everything up and stays on the first line :< I know where the error is, but DCS isn't going to it.
tifreak8x wrote:
When I get a BASIC error, and I press Goto, it displays the first 2 lines (since it is :DCS and hex code), it eliminates the name of the program, moves everything up and stays on the first line :< I know where the error is, but DCS isn't going to it.
This is a problem that I encountered with Doors CS 7.x too, that the OS didn't always tell me the right place to go to find the error. I always assumed there was nothing I could do, but I'm willing to pursue it. Speaking of BASIC problems, I also ran into the glitch where the first N bytes of a program got copied M bytes forward when I edited it from Doors CSE.
Hello,
My name is hjax and I am interested in beta testing DoorsCS.
I am a somewhat experienced programmer and beta tester and I would love to assist in finding bugs with DoorsCS for the TI 84+CSE.
It is great to see development for this device as I was initially disappointed upon seeing I could not have all of the fancy toys the regular 84+ had Very Happy
One other quick thing I noticed. The 7.2 is three times as large as the 8.
well, duh, DCSE7.2 has 5 libraries stuffed into it, CalcNet2.2, and a whole bunch of other stuff. DCS8 is a bit of a cleanup, with many libraries removed.
As LuxenD says, cutting out the mouse, GUI API, Celtic III, the DCSBLibs, CALCnet, and other functionality let me cut out two pages. I'm going to add another page in Beta 3 for xLIBc, Celtic 2 CSE, and possibly the Omnicalc custom menu that Shaun wants so much, but the limit is 2 pages for now.

Hjax wrote:
Hello,
My name is hjax and I am interested in beta testing DoorsCS.
I am a somewhat experienced programmer and beta tester and I would love to assist in finding bugs with DoorsCS for the TI 84+CSE.
It is great to see development for this device as I was initially disappointed upon seeing I could not have all of the fancy toys the regular 84+ had Very Happy
Welcome to Cemetech! What sort of programming have you done recently?

Also, an update on my bug list:

Reported, Confirmed, Not Yet Repaired:
- (Crash bugs from t.ross; need clarification)
- Occasional incorrect location for Instant Goto
- Rare source-copy with low RAM and editing Archived source
Reported, Confirmed, Fixed:
- Pressing something other than [MODE]/[CLEAR] acts like [ENTER] at the Properties menu.
- Lowercase setting has stopped working
- Fix scrolling down from the bottom row
- Clock doesn't appear instantly when enabled.
- Fix speed issues in CMonster and Calcuzap
- Deleting the DCS8 or DCS8b AppVars causes DCSE messages to instantly pop up, even in the Memory menu.
- Display name for non-DCS ASM programs in InfoPop
- Fix brightness issue from InfoPop on icon #14
I found another bug. Maybe half of my explanation will be useless but I am just writing what I did exactly (so maybe the bug "works" with some modifications of the following steps):

1) Create a program called TOASTER and put this in it:
:ClrHome
:While 1
:Input "",P
:Disp P+randInt(-4,4)+fPart(P/2)
:End
2)Archive that program
3) Go the icon browser (don't know how you call it) and launch TOASTER (not through homerun)
4) Type 8 then enter
5) Press ON (when it wants you to input another number) then 1 (Quit, not Goto Error)
6) You are back in the icon browser, and from now on, info popup never come (except maybe the first one, but every other info popup is missing)

Not that I care a lot about those popups but maybe something else is broken.
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech! What sort of programming have you done recently?

Python and C++ mostly, I picked up this calculator fairly recently and find the programming possibilities for it interesting and will enjoy playing with it in the future.
tifreak8x wrote:
Can you please narrow this down to a minimal case that will still reproduce it?

In other news, I integrated xLIBC and Celtic 2 CSE today, and xLIBC even works!
Yeah I am having the same issue as tifreak.. When there is an error, DCSE doesn't jump to the correct error address (I'm assuming that's what is happening), but rather plops down on the second or so line. Making me have to scroll to the error, which is more than likely an error on purpose so I can jump into my code. Hopefully that explains it.
Can you find the smallest possible program that reliable causes this, zelda?
I sadly didn't have much time to test it, but I did run a few programs from the interface and navigated across menus and the bugs I found so far are the following, some of which were discovered already, though:
-Keys no longer responds during Calcuzap gameplay the first few times it's ran and in CMonster, the paddle moves really slowly.
-When exiting most programs (including BASIC ones), Doors CSE interface refreshes twice most of the time
-I also couldn't seem to get fast scrolling to work in the BASIC editor. It just scrolled normally, regardless of if I was in DCS BASIC edit mode or regular TI-OS BASIC edit mode.
-And of course, I also had that reported issue where in the DCSE options menu you could move selection outside boundaries.

After those tests, I also started running various games, particularly AssemblyBandit's apps then opened DCSE again back and forth, just to see if any crash would occur or something, to ensure that there aren't conflicts between non-DCSE programs and DCSE. No problem seemed to occur.

That said, great work so far!
Well, I found a strange bug. It only happens once in a while, but I got my calc to do it four times. From the dcse main window, some combination of [ON], [STAT], and [PRGM] will make it clear your ram. I found it because I was going to turn it off, went to use [ON]+[STAT] before I realized it was in the dcse main window. I Think I bumped prgm as well, and it cleared my ram. I tried it again, and it only works ocassionally, but I got it to do what ever it did four times.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours