When running a couple of assembly programs from DoorsCSE, it returned to the OS home screen when exiting the programs, instead of returning to the Doors desktop.

This might be due to the [MODE] and [CLEAR] buttons being the ones used to exit those programs I was running, and maybe DCSE is incorrectly catching those key presses?
Arcturus314 wrote:
The second error was not from Calcuzap, just from moving the cursor around on the home screen.
But did it happen after you had run Calcuzap?

Quote:
After using Doors for another day, I have not had any more crashes (aside from editing archived programs) and have encountered no more bugs aside from the ones previously listed.

EDIT: Looking forward to the release of beta 2!
Glad to hear, and thanks!

James_V: That sounds very possible. Can you tell if the Doors CSE desktop flashed briefly or not? I don't think I clean up keypresses before returning to the desktop.
That sounds great.
KermMartian wrote:
Arcturus314 wrote:
The second error was not from Calcuzap, just from moving the cursor around on the home screen.
But did it happen after you had run Calcuzap?

Quote:
After using Doors for another day, I have not had any more crashes (aside from editing archived programs) and have encountered no more bugs aside from the ones previously listed.

EDIT: Looking forward to the release of beta 2!
Glad to hear, and thanks!

Yes, but the calculator had been reset after playing calcuzap
So far, looks good.

Did some more testing - editing archived programs is really the only issue I could find.

Looking forward to what comes next!
So far the only thing I have found to be a minor problem, it probably has been addressed already but here goes. In options the inverse select bar that you can move up or down, yeah it has no bounds you can move it off the bottom of the screen and top.
KermMartian wrote:
James_V: That sounds very possible. Can you tell if the Doors CSE desktop flashed briefly or not? I don't think I clean up keypresses before returning to the desktop.
The desktop did flash. After further testing this morning, I'm almost certain it's a keypress catching issue. When I died in Calcuzap and the program quit automatically, it returned to the DCSE desktop exactly as it should have. It only did the buggy thing and returned to TI-OS when leaving a program by pressing [MODE] or [CLEAR]. Smile
Hey could I be a beta tester? I pmed you.
Doors CS 8.0 Beta 2 is now ready! It has fixes for all the bugs reported here that I was able to track down; the only thing I couldn't replicate were the possibly-Calcuzap-related bugs that Arcturus reported. Thanks everyone for your continuing hard work, and check your PMs for the download link.
Hey can i be a beta tester? I pm'ed you Wink
Thanks!
xxstrikeholo wrote:
Hey could I be a beta tester? I pmed you.
t.roos8500 wrote:
Hey can i be a beta tester? I pm'ed you Wink
Thanks!
I don't think so. The goal is not to give random people a beta to play with but to give trustable people a beta to report bugs without spreading a maybe unstable build to everyone. I don't say you are not trustable, I don't know you, but Kerm doesn't know you either and surely prefers giving the beta to three fully-trustable people rather than 100 maybe-trustable people.
KermMartian wrote:
Doors CS 8.0 Beta 2 is now ready! It has fixes for all the bugs reported here that I was able to track down; the only thing I couldn't replicate were the possibly-Calcuzap-related bugs that Arcturus reported. Thanks everyone for your continuing hard work, and check your PMs for the download link.

Awesome! I'll put it onto my calculator and test out a few more things.

Out of curiosity, does Doors CS load programs directly from the archive or does it put it into RAM first?
I found two weird behaviours in Beta 2.

-This one is not a bug, it is just not so natural. When browsing the icons (if you know what I am talking about) when I have exactly 16 programs, going "too high" loops, going too far on the left/right sort of loops, but going too low doesn't loop at all, it brings the cursor to the bottom right corner. I guess it is because it tried to go to the next row even though there is no next row, but then why does getting too high loop ?

-that only happened to me four times, the first time at random, and the other times while I was trying to get it again after a few tries. Basically, when the info popup comes, the "contrast" is set at a lower level. The second time, the contrast flickered to a lower level before going back to its initial level.
Seems like you have to launch the app, move the cursor a bit (do not let the popup appear on the first icon) like 1 to the left and 3 downwards, then let the popup appear completely and move.
edit Seems quite urgent to fix, triggering this bug too many times makes the "contrast" go lower than its lowest level and it shuts down the screen. It is not permanent though (whack ON and Clear for a while and you should see your screen back, saying "this is an experimental build" for some reason), but still very scary.
editWeird, it seems to happen only with the second icon of the bottom row, others don't seem to trigger it.

Other than this, great job, and thanks for giving me the link, I wasn't expecting this at all.

editFound two other ones.

-Launching CMONSTER "the normal way" (with the Asm() token) makes everything work as expected. Launching it through the homerun hook makes the paddle move slowly and not smoothly.

-DoorsCS doesn't launch programs starting with Asm84CPrgm properly. It recognizes them as Basic programs and obviously finds an error.
So far I haven't found any bugs in beta 2, only the weird scrolling behavior Hayleia reported.

EDIT: the 2nd key does not work in Calcuzap on any speed other than 5 and 6 when it is run from Doors, but all speeds work when run with the Asm() token.
Arcturus314 wrote:
So far I haven't found any bugs in beta 2, only the weird scrolling behavior Hayleia reported.

EDIT: the 2nd key does not work in Calcuzap on any speed other than 5 and 6 when it is run from Doors, but all speeds work when run with the Asm() token.
I tested this on my calculator, and found that the [2nd] key works in speeds 4-6, but not 1-3. Weird Shock
Could it depend on the speed the calc is running at?

Additionally, I haven't gotten a PM with a link to the newest beta.
- I can confirm the problems with key input with both CMonster and Calcuzap when run under Doors CSE. My only theories involve interrupts at this point, but I'm working on looking at the source of the two games (thanks for open-sourcing them, Patrick!) and trying to figure out what's happening.

- Hayleia: I'm impressed that you managed to find that bug; it's quite specific. I can replicate it: Move the selector to the second icon on the last row, wait for the InfoPop popup, then press [Y=], [CLEAR], or [ALPHA]. The brightness will decrement before the requested menu or action is shown/performed. I also have no idea where this one is coming from; presumably some strange issue with the LCD and LCD cursor positioning?

- Merthsoft: I don't think so, because Doors CSE now sets the OS speed before running TI-OS programs. I will soon fix the fact that you didn't get Beta 2. Smile

- The Asm84CPrgm issue: hmm, it didn't occur to me to test that bit. I will soon fix that oversight.

Quote:
-This one is not a bug, it is just not so natural. When browsing the icons (if you know what I am talking about) when I have exactly 16 programs, going "too high" loops, going too far on the left/right sort of loops, but going too low doesn't loop at all, it brings the cursor to the bottom right corner. I guess it is because it tried to go to the next row even though there is no next row, but then why does getting too high loop ?
The intent is that normally, pressing [down] on the second-to-last row when the last icon is below and to the left of the current icon will bring you to the last icon. In diagrammatic form, the cursor will go from any of three As to B when you press [down]:
Code:
# # # #
# # # #
# A A A
B
Here, because B is the end of the current line, it ends up looking like:
Code:
A A A B
I could add an exception when (TotalProgs)%4 == 0; do you think that would be much more natural, or unnecessary?

Chaldron wrote:
Out of curiosity, does Doors CS load programs directly from the archive or does it put it into RAM first?
It copies them from Archive to RAM rather than unarchiving them. If a program does not change contents during execution, it then just deletes the RAM copy. If it changed, it deletes the Archive copy and re-Archives the RAM copy.
KermMartian wrote:
I could add an exception when (TotalProgs)%4 == 0; do you think that would be much more natural, or unnecessary?
I think it would be unintuitive if it behaves differently depending on how many programs you have. Making the upper edge not loop makes more sense.
Hello!

I just got the TI 84 Plus C Calc this week. I'm been looking up games for the TI 84+C and found out that there are only few games that actually support this new platform. So, I came across this forums and about the Door CSE. I just have a few questions because I think this thread is suitable to benefit my questions.

- Is Door CSE like Mirage OS?

- From the pictures, it looks like it gives the calc a whole new interface, a desktop-like feeling. But, I'm using my calc for school, and when I'm using it, I tend not to want to get caught by my teachers. When you open the calc, will it go to the default white screen or will it automatically change it to a desktop face?

- Exactly what games will be compatible with Door CSE?

Thanks, sorry, I'm new with this high-tech calcs. Smile
It is like an interface.
You can change the options for the thingy when you turn it on.
It is similar to mirage OS.
It is not complete yet, but Im sure It may have asm, basic, maby ion, and maby axe.

Also, feel free to introduce yourself Here, Rick.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours