What do you think the TI-84+CSE Doors CS should be named?
Doors CS 8
 26%  [ 7 ]
Doors CSE 8
 50%  [ 13 ]
Something else (I'll tell you in the thread)
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

ordelore wrote:
willwac wrote:
How about "DOS"? Doors on Steroids????

Unfortunately, there is already an assembly shell for the TI-68k series known as DoorsOS. I know that Kerm has known about this relationship for a long time, and he would try not to get any closer to DoorsOS than he has to.

I did not know this, thank-you.
That said, it is also possible that Doors CS 8 being renamed to Doors CSE might negatively impact its popularity on ticalc.org compared to if it was called Doors CS 8 or Doors CSE 8. Just see how many downloads per week Pokeman Red Blue Silver v.1.337 and Frogger v3.0 get over Pokémon Topaze and the ASM color version of Frogger.
willwac wrote:
ordelore wrote:
willwac wrote:
How about "DOS"? Doors on Steroids????

Unfortunately, there is already an assembly shell for the TI-68k series known as DoorsOS. I know that Kerm has known about this relationship for a long time, and he would try not to get any closer to DoorsOS than he has to.

I did not know this, thank-you.

Neither did I - however it looks as though it may be dormant by looking at the website.
DoorsOS for the TI-68k series has indeed been unmaintained for more than a decade, and its web site at ticalc.org is frozen in time.
DoorsOS and some programs based on it have always been unstable, due to dirty hacks which were broken by AMS 2.xx. DoorsOS was superseded by UniversalOS ("UniOS"), whose maintenance stopped years ago as well (but post-V200), and later PreOS, the only maintained "kernel" for the TI-68k series.
The "CSE" double entendre is too good to pass up. A version number adds continuity but is mostly irrelevant except as marketing.
I have yet another idea for a name
What about DoorsCS8x?
Would be misleading as it doesn't run on a large part of the 8x line.

I recommend keeping the name DoorsCS/DoorsCSE 8, however coloring either the C using a vertical gradient of colors or a horizontal gradient of colors across the entire name.
AHelper wrote:
I recommend keeping the name DoorsCS/DoorsCSE 8, however coloring either the C using a vertical gradient of colors or a horizontal gradient of colors across the entire name.

Eh, quite seriously, that is rather 80s computer-esque:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours