Although I have used the TI 84 calculator for many years, I am pretty new to programming so I purchased your book. I now have a color TI 84 and was wondering if you might have an addendum or supplement to the book that would apply to things like the new screen size, color, and other extra features of this calculator.

Thank you.
mrabourn, I know Kerm/Chris is very busy but I think he was planning such an addendum but in the mean time are there any specific questions about the 84+ Color Silver Edition you had?

In most situations the programming is identical except for drawing and text commands which allow specifying the color of the output.
Thanks for grabbing my book, and welcome to Cemetech! As TheStorm says, I have been extremely busy with life, my PhD, my puppy, and everything else, but I do plan to revise the book at some point. I don't know what the time frame will be on that, but as TheStorm says, not a lot has changed:

- The homescreen is 10 rows talls (instead of 8) and 26 columns wide (instead of 16)
- The graphscreen is 265 pixels wide (instead of 95) and 165 pixels tall (instead of 63).
- You can use the TextColor( command to set a color before you use the Text( command on the graphscreen.
- You cannot use colors on the homescreen.
- You can draw lines, points, circles, and so on in colors, and there are two new styles for points. You can also draw lines as 1 or 2 pixels thick.
I was wondering about the rows, columns, pixel count, and any other enhancements so I can kind of modify some of the book examples. Thanks for the help.

Since the TI 84s communicate with CBL and Vernier sensors, I think it would be so cool if someone (much more knowledgable than me) could create an interface that would let you program and run the LEGO WeDo hardware which basically consists of a USB port for power, a tilt sensor, and a distance sensor. Scratch (from MIT Media Lab) added code to do that but you still need a computer. Just an idea that may be totally unrealistic.
The 84+(C)(SE) and 89T do have an all-capable USB port, but it's bad for providing power (100 mA, at the very best - and it takes a toll on the batteries, anyway).
If you can get BrandonW interested in doing an implementation on the 84+(C)(SE) and/or 89T, the likelihood of getting it done increases Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours