Three bits of input:
1) Pressing [ALPHA] a second time should close the menu
2) When closing the menu (I've only been able to do it with clear), don't put the cursor back to the upper-left, and only redraw the part of the screen where the menu was, not the whole screen.
3) When displaying the BASIC error window, make [ENTER] Quit, since that's what it does on the regular calc.
Just a question: Are there any plans to make a color version of Gossamer if gCn is implemented?
I've just tried it quickly for 5 mins before heading to work. I noticed that when running ASM programs, it automatically runs them at 15Mhz. Should it default to run ASM at 6Mhz as the OS would?
ordelore wrote:
Just a question: Are there any plans to make a color version of Gossamer if gCn is implemented?

He might do it to show that it's possible with a color 84+ (as an example), but I doubt he'll do anything like picture support or anything too fancy (like a text browser like before).
merthsoft wrote:
Three bits of input:
1) Pressing [ALPHA] a second time should close the menu
2) When closing the menu (I've only been able to do it with clear), don't put the cursor back to the upper-left, and only redraw the part of the screen where the menu was, not the whole screen.
3) When displaying the BASIC error window, make [ENTER] Quit, since that's what it does on the regular calc.
(1) and (3) are eminently doable and shall be done. (2) is not easily possible due to the massive space cost of trying to store screen contents, I'm afraid. The area I save under the InfoPop box is an entire RAM page (1 of Cool.

ordelore wrote:
There are no such plans at the moment.

JamesV wrote:
I've just tried it quickly for 5 mins before heading to work. I noticed that when running ASM programs, it automatically runs them at 15Mhz. Should it default to run ASM at 6Mhz as the OS would?
If you think it would make more sense, I can make DCS ASM programs automatically run at 15MHz, and nostub programs run at 6MHz.
Some preliminary stuff -

Launches archives and RAM programs just fine

Menus work well

The only thing I would change, would be when highlighting an icon, there should be an option to not inverse the color. Small aesthetic change, not necessary at all.

So far, it's looking good.

Anything specific you want reviews on?
KermMartian wrote:
JamesV wrote:
If you think it would make more sense, I can make DCS ASM programs automatically run at 15MHz, and nostub programs run at 6MHz.
That could work!

It's hard to tell if it will be an issue or not - I guess it's quite possible that most ASM programs will be designed to run at 15Mhz anyway, seeing as we don't have to worry about backwards compatibility with a TI-83+BE, etc. But it's probably safer to err on the side of caution, for those programmers that make nostub programs and don't consider the CPU speed.
Awesome, job, Kerm!

BUG1: so far, the only bug I have found was when it shut down my calculator and cleared my RAM. This seemed to be totally out of the blue though, and I have not been able to reproduce it.

BUG2: New error: when moving the cursor between programs the calculator froze and blue bars appeared on the screen. I reset the calculator and it is working normally again.

BUG3: After clicking "edit" on a BASIC program and while in the program clicking [2ND][QUIT] the calculator screen turns white and flashes when a key is pressed However, this only happens when archived programs are being edited. Maybe add a message saying archived programs cannot be edited?. Still no folders created.

BUG4: Some keys do not work right in the naming screen on folder creation. So far I have found that all of the keys that do not correspond to a letter do not work right in the naming folder screen.
It would be good to know what it was you had been running, what settings you had changed, did you create any folders? Might help in others being able to reproduce the possible problem.
I had just ran Calcuzap as a test, no settings changed, no new folders. The second error was after my calculator reset, I did not change anything.
After deleting the DCS appvar, going to any other TI-OS screen will trigger the 'Your caclulator has crashed" window, or if you deleted the ram and archive appvar, "Welcome to Doors CS". Clicking enter, will then return you to whatever screen you were trying to get to, but the LCD is messed up at least on the emulator.

Also, pressing a button which isn't an arrow key will cause the cursor to redraw even though it didn't move.
- When OpenLib( is in the beginning of the program, Doors CSE will freeze with a waiting icon when launching the app.

- Input bugs. When entering a value, Doors CSE crashes
(only happens when launching the program from the Doors CSE desktop)
Running from home screen, BASIC program, I press ON to exit and quit from the menu, and it clears out my screens. Is that something that can not happen?
I know that Cemetech has a red theme, but could you allow users to change the color theme?
Also, I think that we should be able to run T-84+ programs on the color version, that way we don't have to completely abandon our projects when we upgrade, or do a complete re-code!
Willwac, so long as you only code on the home screen, you're fine. Otherwise, you're going to have to upgrade the code, not really going to be able to get around that.
Are there games already out for it? Can I be a beta tester?
Kerm: I can test.

Are there any hybrid libs implemented for it yet?
I'm happy that tifreak is coordinating bug reports.
I don't really get a say, but I think if you're going to let it be an issue, make a setting for running nostub progs in 6 Mhz mode. because it is more than likely that it will be running in 15 Mhz mode simply due to the nature of the color screen being slow as all get out (too slow to be practical) in 6 Mhz.
Arcturus314 wrote:
Awesome, job, Kerm!

BUG1: so far, the only bug I have found was when it shut down my calculator and cleared my RAM. This seemed to be totally out of the blue though, and I have not been able to reproduce it.
Please let me know if you manage to reproduce it, and how.

Quote:
BUG2: New error: when moving the cursor between programs the calculator froze and blue bars appeared on the screen. I reset the calculator and it is working normally again.
Do you know how you could reproduce this? Was this from Calcuzap?

Quote:
BUG3: After clicking "edit" on a BASIC program and while in the program clicking [2ND][QUIT] the calculator screen turns white and flashes when a key is pressed However, this only happens when archived programs are being edited. Maybe add a message saying archived programs cannot be edited?. Still no folders created.
Archived programs can be edited. I suspect that the hourglass icon is interfering with something. I'm checking into this.

Quote:
BUG4: Some keys do not work right in the naming screen on folder creation. So far I have found that all of the keys that do not correspond to a letter do not work right in the naming folder screen.
This is correct behavior.

JamesV wrote:
Fixed the default to 6MHz for TI-OS (nostub) ASM programs and 15MHz for DCS ASM programs.

Thanks to benryves' report, fixed scrolling in the Options menu after you changed a setting.

Please keep the bug reports coming, guys! Beta 2 will be released this weekend. Panther and 16aroth6, you will get that version.
KermMartian wrote:
Arcturus314 wrote:
Awesome, job, Kerm!

Please let me know if you manage to reproduce it, and how.

Quote:
Do you know how you could reproduce this? Was this from Calcuzap?

So far I have not been able to reproduce either of these two errors. The second error was not from Calcuzap, just from moving the cursor around on the home screen.

After using Doors for another day, I have not had any more crashes (aside from editing archived programs) and have encountered no more bugs aside from the ones previously listed.

EDIT: Looking forward to the release of beta 2!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours