I know that there are on-calc/ off-calc programs that do this for you, but my problem is with the old fashion way.

Code:
0101 1011 1000 1111 1011 1000 1110 0100

to

Code:
5B8FB8D4

And so and so forth.
When I attempted this it turned out to only show the top left part of the icon. I suspect that this has to do with the 2*2 bold pixels. I have a fantastic icon that suits my program, but I'm not happy that I cant access a 1*1 pixel size. Does any one know how to do this?
My icon is

Code:
0FF008100BD00BD00BD00BD00BDF0BD10BD7FFD781D7BDD7BDD7FFD78011FFFF

use http://dcs.cemetech.net/hexaicon/ to see it.
Did you add it to the code using the headers?

Code:
::DCS6
:"Your Hex Icon As A String Here

In your case, it would look like this

Code:
::DCS6
:"0FF008100BD00BD00BD00BD00BDF0BD10BD7FFD781D7BDD7BDD7FFD78011FFFF

Note that it does not matter if you omit the closing quote.

EDIT:

Also note that DCS6 is for 16*16 bit icons and DCS is for 8*8 icons.
So I didn't use dcs6 I used dcs.
Future reference use DCS6 @ The header. Thank you sooo much!
I liked the icon very much. What exactly does/will the program do?
I am working (only slightly off topic) a SimCity type game. All else to be revealed in my projects section of the forum. But it won't be a repeat of any previous versions. You have values and such a population and you must maintain balance etc. Working on version one and it is going to be text based until version two. I feel I've given to much away. Look for it in my projects section on the 29th August 2013. P.ps my birthday
Sounds like fun, I look forward to seeing it. Are you going to use pure TI-BASIC, or will you be using Hybrid BASIC?
(Ah meandering me to give it all away.... what the heck)
Hybrid TIBASIC but it will be first-ever use for me so I may need lots of help.
I'm afraid I'm going to make you divulge more information. Very Happy

Which libs in particular?
ALL OF THEM!!! Surprised jk dcslib and a few commands from Celtic
Josh Landers wrote:
So I didn't use dcs6 I used dcs.
Future reference use DCS6 @ The header. Thank you sooo much!
Yup, that's the trick. To be more specific, ::DCS is for an 8x8 (64-pixel/16 hex digit) icon, while ::DCS6 is for a 16x16 (256-pixel/64 hex digit) icon. The DCS6 header also has some other features; you can read about them on the DCS wiki:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/BASIC_Header

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours