are there any plans for this for the 84CSE?
16aroth6 wrote:
are there any plans for this for the 84CSE?
At this point, I have no plans for a version of the Gossamer web browser for the TI-84+CSE, even though it has that nice color screen. It has too many dependencies on Doors CS 7's GUI and networking features.
Gossamer is excellent. No more words.
How to make it load faster, i have no clue, but still PERFECT!!!

Cant wait for new version!!!!

Kerm is programming genius!!!!!
CalcMax wrote:
Gossamer is excellent. No more words.
How to make it load faster, i have no clue, but still PERFECT!!!

Cant wait for new version!!!!
Unfortunately, due to its limited utility, a new version is not forthcoming. It would be interesting to support forms and other elements, but I'm afraid Gossamer is currently very low on my project priority list.

Quote:
Kerm is programming genius!!!!!
I'm just a guy who perseveres; we have a lot of equally good and better programmers and engineers here. Smile
What speed does gossamer use?! Is it 9600 bauds per second or some other speed?

P.S. Head over to my post about the usb link with only a few lines of code!
There seems to be an issue with the GCN server which was discussed at HCWP tonight, I did get my photon to connect to IRC but when using WebHub, Gossamer displays Loading Page... with the loading bars at the bottom of the screen but never loads the portal page. The IRCHub server was fixed at HCWP and is currently operational and it has been confirmed that a photon can be used in place of a spark core.
Although I really resent how I was tactlessly nagged about it, I have published Gossamer's source along with CALCnet chat's source on GitHub: https://github.com/KermMartian/CALCnet-Apps
I know this may be almost as futile as the classic "When will you release DoorsCE 9" but do you have any thoughts on an 84CE web browser? Perhaps using ArTICL?
Without the DBUS port, we'd need to use something that speaks USB, and to my knowledge we don't have that completely figured out yet. Therefore, I suspect the effort would far outweigh the utility for now. I encourage people to give it a try, but sadly I don't have the time to do so.
Hey! any help with the calculator(TI-84+) disconnecting and reconnecting constantly? I am using direct USB and the chat program works but the console is continually spammed with the calculator disconnected calculator reconnected messages. When I am running gossamer the console says that it receives the starting link, but then I am just spammed again with the same disconnect reconnect messages. I have searched all over the place and still have not found anything. This problem occurs on my raspberry pi, and my laptop. on both the chat program works but same messages.
You should check that your calc is plugged in firmly, or getting a new linking cable. That used to happen to me on TI-Connect, but I fixed it by getting a new cable.
CarbonNeuron wrote:
I am using direct USB and the chat program works but the console is continually spammed with the calculator disconnected calculator reconnected messages. When I am running gossamer the console says that it receives the starting link, but then I am just spammed again with the same disconnect reconnect messages. I have searched all over the place and still have not found anything. This problem occurs on my raspberry pi, and my laptop. on both the chat program works but same messages.
This is a known issue with the DirectUSB bridge program. I had it on my list to poke at and fix that at some point, but I'm afraid it's just not a high enough priority right now for me to invest the time in fixing it. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours