Runer112 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
To reiterate, if someone can help me find concrete information that French programmers can enter the contest without opening us up to any liability, and that responsibility for tariffs and/or punishments would lie with the contestants, I would be thrilled to be able to allow French contestants.

France governs France, not the world. It's really that simple. If the laws of each individual country affected citizens of every country, we'd all be breaking numerous laws every day and everybody on the planet would be regularly fined/jailed/executed.
While I appreciate the nationalistic sentiment, expressly making our contest cover citizens of country X makes us liable under the laws of country X, to my understanding.
What is the right way to comments with TI-Basic? Is it just

:"Comment here

Or something else?
That does slow things down, so I have decided to do it a different way. Not sure if I should tell you though. Sorry.
iHack wrote:
What is the right way to comments with TI-Basic? Is it just

:"Comment here

Or something else?
That is indeed the common solution, but as Zeldaking says, it slows down your program. Most TI-BASIC programmers end up just not including comments, and documenting their programs out-of-band.
Did you still want the Ti-Basic programmers to add comments for the contest?
zeldaking wrote:
Did you still want the Ti-Basic programmers to add comments for the contest?
I don't expect TI-BASIC programmers to have comments in their code, whereas I would expect Axe and especially ASM programmers to use comments as needed. TI-BASIC tends to be relatively self-documenting unless the programmer used crazy tricks, in my opinion.
Okay, that sounds fair.
Do you have an idea about when the results will be posted ? (I can't wait for them Razz )

EDIT : also, is the question of French contestants solved ?
matrefeytontias wrote:
Do you have an idea about when the results will be posted ? (I can't wait for them Razz )

EDIT : also, is the question of French contestants solved ?

We are hoping soon, sometime by the end of this week. We just have to get all our admins to find an hour or so to get through the grades.

As to french contestants, I'm not sure, Kerm will have to answer that one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours