If you haven't bought your TI-84+CSE yet, now would be an amazing time. This week at Target you can purchase the CSE for $90! That's $40 off the MSRP, or 31% off! You could buy Christopher Mitchell's (KermMartian's) "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" and "Using the TI-83+/84+" and still come out with money saved. The latter of the two books actually covers the TI-84+CSE! (Part 4, Chapter 12)

Below is a picture of all four calculators that are advertised in one of the local Targets to KermMartian and myself in California. Picture below courtesy of KermMartian.

Unfortunately, Target doesn't seem to have the TI-84+CSE listed online but they might have it in-store (be sure to check your local Target ad online) Let us know which color you picked up in this topic and if you plan to start any projects or download certain programs!
That is a great deal! After the contest is judged, hopefully they still have this sale if I don't win. If I do buy one I would get the black one. And about time I buy Kerm's book as well.
zeldaking wrote:
That is a great deal! After the contest is judged, hopefully they still have this sale if I don't win. If I do buy one I would get the black one. And about time I buy Kerm's book as well.
I would assume this is a one-week sale, so I wouldn't count on it still being around when the contest judging finishes in a week and a half.
Well then I will go buy one during the sale, leave it in the package, then depending on if I win one I will return it or not.
WalMart has it for $97 on price rollback. Hopefully it'll last until after the contest: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Texas-Instruments-TI-84-Plus-Silver-Edition-Graphing-Calculator/24984252

EDIT: I added a period to the end of the link...
If not just do my return trick (;
Keep an eye out for Rain Checks. You can always ask an employee if it's "in-stock" at other Targets (despite it being ins stock at the store you are at) and if they skip a store you know about, go to that store and see if there are rain checks available. If not, ask for one! It's probably a lot less "return fraudulent." Wink

iHack wrote:
WalMart has it for $97 on price rollback. Hopefully it'll last until after the contest: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Texas-Instruments-TI-84-Plus-Silver-Edition-Graphing-Calculator/24984252.

For some weird reason, the page doesn't exist. I searched for the calculator and it popped up. But upon clicking it I got a "cannot find product/page" message. So here is the search result so you all can quick look and see it.

Regarding the duration, I'm not familiar with Wal*Mart since there are only two around me for every 5 Target stores I could go to that are closer (no joke) but sales typically last a Sunday through Saturday (7-day) time frame. Price Cuts last a bit longer, usually two weeks to a few months. So, I wouldn't get yuor hopes up. Office Depot has a similar sale but the calculators are like $104 for this week only. :/
The first few Targets will open in Quebec province soon (they took over Zellers leases last Fall, but all Zellers stores that closed beforehand became Walmarts). I am curious if they'll carry the 84+ C Silver Edition, because no other store here (Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, Future Shop) seems to do yet.

I'm betting that if Staples decides to carry it at the start of school year (I won't get my hopes up, because they only started carrying the TI-84 Plus and 84 Plus Silver Edition in 2006, two years after its release), they'll probably have a sale too.
DJ_O wrote:
The first few Targets will open in Quebec province soon (they took over Zellers leases last Fall, but all Zellers stores that closed beforehand became Walmarts). I am curious if they'll carry the 84+ C Silver Edition, because no other store here (Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, Future Shop) seems to do yet.

Unlikely. They're not even carrying the Prizm this year, iirc. When they had the Prizm last year it was only for the Back to School/College season. :/ Which sucks because students actively buy these throughout the year.
As I showed in the pictures that I sent to comic, the Target where I took that photo also carried the TI-83 Plus (!), the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-89 Titanium, and two different Casio 9xxx models.
I wish we had these stores in the UK. I have never seen any graphing calculators of any kind in retail stores in my area...
Too bad it isn't in germany Sad
I seriously wouldn't care paying twice the normal price if I could get one of those faceplates. But in France, they don't do sales on calculators and they only sell the black faceplate. Meh.
Hayleia wrote:
I seriously wouldn't care paying twice the normal price if I could get one of those faceplates. But in France, they don't do sales on calculators and they only sell the black faceplate. Meh.
You can buy the faceplates separately on TI's website for relatively cheap, or at least you used to. I don't think any third-party companies manufacture them, sadly.
Even at $90, the 84+CSE still has poor power / price ratio...
Lionel Debroux wrote:

So, are you going to wait until it's $50? Less? It's $40 less than MSRP which is an amazing sale for anything on the market. Most sales are a few dollars off. The regular TI-84+SE is still 124.99, so more Color versions will sell because of this. It's a smart push by TI.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Lionel Debroux wrote:

So, are you going to wait until it's $50? Less? It's $40 less than MSRP which is an amazing sale for anything on the market. Most sales are a few dollars off. The regular TI-84+SE is still 124.99, so more Color versions will sell because of this. It's a smart push by TI.
It's also good for us, because it will bring us more TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition users (and I think we're doing a good job of keeping on top of the TI-84+CSE innovation). Lionel: In terms of raw CPU power and specs, absolutely. Pedagogically, I feel it's better-suited to non-college students than the TI-Nspire.
Quote:
So, are you going to wait until it's $50? Less?

I already have one at $0 Wink
But seriously, I don't think I would have bought one this year, even at $90, and then, only because I'm the maintainer of libti*/gfm/tilp (though I have done pretty little on those in the past few months - I have worked on other stuff).
I felt jipped... I went to target and the TI-84CSE was 90$. They didn't have the TI-84PSE, and the TI-84 Plus was 100$.
16aroth6 wrote:
I felt jipped... I went to target and the TI-84CSE was 90$. They didn't have the TI-84PSE, and the TI-84 Plus was 100$.
I don't get how that's a ripoff. Isn't that exactly what they advertised...?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours