I am planing to try and enter the contest 10. I am making a little bit more educational related program. I am planing on it involving teaching about space (planet movement, stars, space exploration including satalites involving projectonal movment). I have some of it started (planet movment), and hope to finish in time.
Good luck, 16aroth16. I think you've picked a topic that should be scaled well to the scope of the contest and your programming experience. I also think that TI-BASIC is a good choice, since as far as I know it's the language with which you have the most experience.
Basic for calculators. I may or may not add hybrid to the program, bit I'm sure it will turn out ok in the end.
16aroth6 wrote:
Basic for calculators. I may or may not add hybrid to the program, bit I'm sure it will turn out ok in the end.
I know, calculators are the only allowed platform for this contest, and I got the TI-BASIC from the topic title. Hybrid might also be good, especially if you want some fast graphics, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
almost gave up, but then I decided to work on it some more.
Have some of the orbits and stuff figured out... Hope to get some more of my program done soon.
16aroth6 wrote:
almost gave up, but then I decided to work on it some more.
Have some of the orbits and stuff figured out... Hope to get some more of my program done soon.
If it's turning out to be beyond the scope of your current skills, you can always think about scaling back your idea, I suppose? I think it would be more important to have a completed, functional entry than a complex but incomplete entry.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours