Hmm, I'm not sure what to tell you there. RenderGUI should wipe out the graph buffer, so perhaps you're caching the data somewhere else? Good luck with the mouse.
Ironically the error came from me being lazy and using a xored mouse sprite.

Fixed now I had to change my drawing order around alot now it works as planned and im happy with it. The grayscale only blips when you click which I find acceptable
Great, glad to hear you're making progress. The mouse's speed and lack of acceleration still irks me a bit, but those are just tweaks. Smile
OK decided to try a check box and this is what happens.....thoughts? It is probably my code flow but I have to check to make sure still

Pretty sure this is not a code flow issue of mine. Looked through my code im stumped. It never returns after I call gui mouse Sad

Got it! Missed a tidbit of knowledge that Kerm did not bluntly specify

RadioButtons also kinda work!

Ok next question. I added a GUIRTextLineIn element. I click on it type something and when I hit second again the program does not go back to my code it gets lost in limbo some where inside dcs.

Note:
Elements are based off inside of window area not screen are eg HX+X+1 , HY+y+8
Quote:
Ok next question. I added a GUIRTextLineIn element. I click on it type something and when I hit second again the program does not go back to my code it gets lost in limbo some where inside dcs.
I can't think of any particular reason why that would happen, unless the GUI is getting corrupted somewhere along the line.

Edit: Does the mouse not re-gain control after you click out of the input box? It looks like it does from the screenshot.
Its a fifty fifty sometimes it does some times it does not. if i type anything in the box it does not.
geekboy1011 wrote:
Its a fifty fifty sometimes it does some times it does not. if i type anything in the box it does not.
Hmm, and if you don't type does it always return properly?

Edit: That confirms my suspicion that something invalid is getting pushed onto the stack. Is it easy for you to test just the window and the input box with the normal GUI, without your grayscale system?
The grey-scale system really doesn't mess with much. I think the problem comes from the string offset part of the textbox I think I have it wrong in there. I need to go look at dcs sources and find out. because I just tried it and it only froze when I typed with out moving the cursor over "test". :/
Oh, you're setting the string offset? I suppose you already pre-empted my obvious followup question and tried setting it to the default of zero to see if that fixed things?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours