Hello peoples! It took me a while, a while for me is like an hour, but I know what I'm doing for the new contest. That's right, I will be doing a game called Angry Balls. It will be done in Axe(I will do the best I can). What is this game, you ask? Well, it's pretty much Angry Birds, but with balls instead of birds and blocks instead of pigs(and, as you might have guessed, the topic is projectile motion)!

-How does this have to do with physics, Spencer?
Well, I'm planning on having, at most, half of the screen to display equations and values and such.

-How will it teach me physics?
I'm also planning to make so that you can press the [MODE] button so that you can see how it works and what the values do to each other in a way that you, and me, can understand(would this be okay, Kerm?). If not this idea, I hope to integrate the teaching into the gameplay.

-This sounds like a big project. I hope you know what you're doing.
I do too, young padawan, I do too.

-Will you finish this contest entry? You didn't the last one.
We'll see. I takes time, these things.

Please leave comments/questions/concerns in the topic. Very Happy

Edit: I will be now doing this in BASIC because you can't use floating points in Axe. Razz
Sounds like a solid plan to me. If you (for example) have the player select angle and force, show the equations to compute range and/or flight time, then make it go, that would certainly fulfill the educational requirement, I think. I suspect the hardest part will be doing the projectile motion math in Axe, but I trust that you're up to it. Best of luck, and be sure to keep us updated on your progress.
KermMartian wrote:
I suspect the hardest part will be doing the projectile motion math in Axe

It depends on what you call "motion" and what you call "projectile". Having a dot move according to the rules of physics is trivial in Axe, because it doesn't involve rotation (same for moving a character who always have his legs under his body). But since Angry Birds involves rotating solid objects, I agree that the physic part of this game will be hard to do. Even the Zedd library that included rope physics and water physics didn't include rotation physics.

So I wish you best of luck Spenceboy98, your program will most likely be a feat in the z80 developpement.
I'm talking more about the fact that to do the educational/physics part of the program accurately, including displaying the equations and variables to plug into the parabolic motion equations, you'll need floating-point numbers. Fixed-point is good enough for moving a dot or sprite, but not for equations. Smile
Nice spencer. I was considering something very similar to this :p I'm going to have I find something else now. Good luck!
Okay, now that I've Decided that I am doing this in BASIC, I've done a graphics test with PicArc libs:

(looks better on calc)
I'm trying to Decide whether or not to use libraries. I'll keep you guys updated on what I choose.

Here's one without libraries:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours