In the next two days, I will be releasing three pieces of software that have been the result of years of work. All three were last updated roughly two years ago, and two out of the three may be the final versions. In order of release, the three programs are Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3, gCnClient 2.0, and Sandpaper 1.0. Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3 is final beta release of Doors CS 7.2, which brings new networking features to the popular calculator shell. gCnClient 2.0 is a final, stable version of the Windows/Linux/Mac OS software for connecting calculators to the internet. Sandpaper 1.0 is a completed FTP server and client for transferring files across a room or around the world.

June Software Trifecta:
Part 1: Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3
Part 2: gCnClient 2.0
Part 3: Sandpaper v1.0

This article features Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3, the latest and greatest version of the venerable Doors CS shell for TI graphing calculators. The last Doors CS beta, version 7.2 beta 3 was released one day shy of two years, the same day that Gossamer, the widely-publicized web browser for TI graphing calculators. The next version will (hopefully) be the full Doors CS 7.2, which will probably be the last release for the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus line of non-color-screen graphing calculators. So what does Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3 bring? The three major changes:
  • Across-the-board optimizations, bug fixes, and speed improvements
  • Greatly-improved direct USB (miniUSB) globalCALCnet stability
  • BASIC CALCnet, a set of libraries within the DCSB Libs to let TI-BASIC programmers use the CALCnet networking system in their own programs.

Special thanks go to Tim "Geekboy" Keller for his hard working writing the BASIC CALCnet libraries and helping to debug and repair other CALCnet/gCn features. If you want to try making multiplayer TI-BASIC games, if you want to use direct USB CALCnet, or if you simply want the latest and greatest in Doors CS versions, you should grab this update. I particularly encourage you to report back in the attached thread whether everything worked perfectly or if you encountered errors, as I can't release the final Doors CS 7.2 update until I feel sufficiently reassured that testing has shown this beta to be stable and reliable. Enjoy, and I look forward to your feedback.

Download:
Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3

Downloading it as we speak! In the unlikely event I should find any bugs, I will inform you. With regards to the BASIC CALCNet features, can I find them on http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/SDK?
Yes you can electronics Very Happy
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
Downloading it as we speak! In the unlikely event I should find any bugs, I will inform you. With regards to the BASIC CALCNet features, can I find them on http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/SDK?
More specifically, you can take a look at the four new functions in the DCSB Libs: Cn2Send, Cn2Get, Cn2Ctrl, and Cn2Status. We will also be releasing two demo programs for your reference soon.
Before I sent it to my calc, I had version 7.2 beta 2c.

Okay, so I was sending this to my calc and this happened:

After renaming it and sending to my calculator, I checked the about screen. It still said beta 2c. I downloaded it again, renamed it, and sent it and I got the same results. After that I Decided to *gasp*delete the one on my calc and send it. To my surprise, when I tried to send it, it said that it was already on my calc. So I checked and it was there. I looked at the version and it was beta 3, so now I'm not having anymore problems.

Edit:

None of the programs that Kerm made are working(DocDE, Chat, Sandpaper, Gossamer, etc). They just reset the calc.
I made a mistake with shrinking the header. And I am currently pondering how to go about fixing it. the vector table got moved forward. which means EVERYTHING that expects them to be at a certain place will crash. working on coming up with an elegant solution now....how did we miss this?
For those of you who were having problems with the Doors CS 7.2 beta 3 version released early this morning, I updated the zip to include a fixed release. The library jump table is no longer in the wrong place, so if you have the broken version, you should update. Please let me know about any and all bugs you find, and also tell me if everything seems to be working properly. I especially encourage you to try making a BASIC CALCnet program or two!
I found a similar bug to Spence. DCS thought that gossammer was a BASIC program, so decided to click on it and I got a syntax error, so I treated it like a basic program and jumped to the point at which there was an error, and I was subsequently met with fuzzy screen, causing me to have to remove the batteries. I'm assuming the update will fix this.
I hope to see what you all come up with with the new Ti-basic calcnet routines. They add fast async communications between the calcs. Which wasn't reliably achievable before in basic.
geekboy, I already have an excellent program idea that uses these routines. Watch this space! Very Happy
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
I found a similar bug to Spence. DCS thought that gossammer was a BASIC program, so decided to click on it and I got a syntax error, so I treated it like a basic program and jumped to the point at which there was an error, and I was subsequently met with fuzzy screen, causing me to have to remove the batteries. I'm assuming the update will fix this.
Did it indeed fix this? If not, then it's something I need to look into.
I believe so, however I have not got round to reinstalling gossamer.
This is a horrifying thing for me. Not only have I missed practically any news on this due to finals, but also my TI-84+SE is broken for good and I can't use any of this ;.;

either way, great to hear of this fantastic progress. Once I get a new TI-84+SE.. somehow.. I can't wait to play around with it
Thanks, qazz, although I'm sorry to hear about your compounded misfortune. I hope that your finals are at least going well. I hope that you get a new TI-84+SE before Maker Faire, at least.
Thanks for all your work, Kerm. I am a happy user of CS 7.1 on my TI-83+SE. I recently bought the new TI-84+CSE, and I am now wondering if you have any plans to make a version of the Doors app that would be compatible with the new color calc (it accepts *.8ck apps, not *.8xk).
Big Al wrote:
Thanks for all your work, Kerm. I am a happy user of CS 7.1 on my TI-83+SE. I recently bought the new TI-84+CSE, and I am now wondering if you have any plans to make a version of the Doors app that would be compatible with the new color calc (it accepts *.8ck apps, not *.8xk).

Doors CS 8 Brainstorming Topic indicates yup. And I'm pretty sure it's in the stages of being ported over. Not 100% sure there is a topic though.
Thanks for your swift input. I'll check out that forum.
No problem. I'm not 100% sure how I butchered that first sentence, as I was supposed to add the link to the "Yup" then proceed. The topic name and the "indicates" aren't my doing. Or, maybe it was. And I started another thought then got distracted and came back and submitted the post without proof reading, whatever the case. Glad to help.

Feel free to add your own opinions and suggestions towards its development in the topic!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours