So this should be a pretty easy question for my Cemetech friends to answer. Well I want a usb charging hub and I've been having trouble finding one that fits my err.. expecations.
So here's what I want.
1. 4+ ports
2. 4-6 Amps output per port
3. 100-240 Volts
4. 50-60 Hz
And I don't want it to be the kind you plug directly into the wall. I want it on a cord so that I can sit the hub on my desk or hang it on the side of the desk.
Sooo anyone know where to get one with these specifications? All help is appreciated:)
Your specifications don't make sense.
Quote:
1. 4+ ports
Fine, okay.

Quote:
2. 4-6 Amps output per port
Typical limits are maximum 1A, with unenumerated devices limited to 100 mA, default to 500 mA without further negotiation. Apparently typical USB A connectors can safely handle about 1.5A. The USB charging spec technically allows up to 5A without any negotiation on a DCP (dedicated charging port), but with some caveats.

Quote:
3. 100-240 Volts
4. 50-60 Hz
POP goes your device.
any specific reason you need 4 ports for charging devices?

as is, it sounds like you'd benefit more from a portable charger. this way, not only can you hang it from your desk or something, but you can bring it with you on long trips when your device dies.

i have 2 of these great things:
Motorola Portable Chargers

and a freind of mine has a Solar USB Charger.
(I couldnt find it on google...)

Burklow2016 wrote:
3. 100-240 Volts
4. 50-60 Hz

mmm, tari is right about that. unless thats what goes into the charger. if thats the case, you couldve just said that you wanted the device to use the US Standards of AC.
LuxenD wrote:

Burklow2016 wrote:
3. 100-240 Volts
4. 50-60 Hz

mmm, tari is right about that. unless thats what goes into the charger. if thats the case, you couldve just said that you wanted the device to use the US Standards of AC.

Maybe I should've said that.
LuxenD wrote:

any specific reason you need 4 ports for charging devices?

Not exactly but I do find that it would be easier with one that has 4 or more since so many on my devices can be charged using usb ports.
LuxenD wrote:

as is, it sounds like you'd benefit more from a portable charger. this way, not only can you hang it from your desk or something, but you can bring it with you on long trips when your device dies.

I already own a portable charger but I want one I can leave on my desk permanently.
Tari wrote:

Typical limits are maximum 1A, with unenumerated devices limited to 100 mA, default to 500 mA without further negotiation. Apparently typical USB A connectors can safely handle about 1.5A. The USB charging spec technically allows up to 5A without any negotiation on a DCP (dedicated charging port), but with some caveats.

Not technically. It does support 5A.
100-240 would mean, auto-ranging to all standards, not just US standards.
bhtooefr wrote:

100-240 would mean, auto-ranging to all standards, not just US standards.

And that's why I specified but honestly I'm not that picky.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours