I would like to know if it is possible to decompile the ti os, as I would like to make some changes and learn how to do some stuff. I am planning on making my own from source, but a mod would be a good start.
gudenau wrote:
I would like to know if it is possible to decompile the ti os, as I would like to make some changes and learn how to do some stuff. I am planning on making my own from source, but a mod would be a good start.

The 84+/SE OS is not compiled, because it's written directly in z80 assembly. You can disassemble it with any decent Z80 disassembler, though IDA Pro (non-free) is best. There are free ones on ticalc.org and (surely) elsewhere on the internet.

It's not exactly legal to modify TI's existing OS because it's copyrighted, so doing so is discouraged.
As long as I keep it to my self it should be fine, or make a patch.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours