While I admit that most people here orient towards digital art of some sort, whether it be pixel art, vectoring, or something else, that fully misses out on [s]those people that make real art[/s] the more traditional art forms. As of such, this thread will possibly cover that area, starting with some pokemon sketches that I drew. Yeah, I know I used reference images a lot, but they still turned out pretty well...

I like them, really cute. Eevee is probably my favorite. Although for some odd reason charmanders head just seems...off?
Thanks for helping me notice that- his left eye seems to be somewhat misaligned. I'll see what I can do, but it'd likely involve redtawing the whole thing :\
turiqwalrus wrote:
Thanks for helping me notice that- his left eye seems to be somewhat misaligned. I'll see what I can do, but it'd likely involve redtawing the whole thing :\

The largest issue is that you drew the eye just a tad too high, just like in the reference. The other main problem with the reference is that the snout, or whatever you call it (nose/mouth area) is too pronounced, which strips the cuteness away quickly. Small snouts == cute in most cases with pokemen.

Charmander's eyes are pretty wide-spread in 1st gen pictures:

And become closer together in later generations:

So there's more forgiveness the closer you draw his eyes together, making him easier to draw. Of course, farther apart would make him cuter because wide eyes are more feminine and all. I'd suggest using references for anatomy purposes solely and not for copying, largely because you don't learn anything but penciling and sighting techniques from that.

On a side note, I need to scan stuff I've drawn and eventually post it here. Some day.
An assassins creed 3 picture I sketched out for fun.

An assortment of weapons you get from Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

A drawing of Link. (Bugs me when people call him Zelda)

A half finished Phantom from Spirit Tracks that I never got to finishing.

I haven't drawn anything in a while but when I did I was in a Zelda/Link sort of phase. All cool people go through it. So those are a few drawings. I might draw later today.
I have two full sketch books of drawings (my mom is an artist), I may post some when I have time to scan them. Wink
You should, flyingfisch, we would love to see them. @zeldaking, I like the last two the best, really cool. Especially the phantom, you should finish that.

On the other hand I just bought a painting at a flea market, I can't draw or paint for my life though.
That's the painting I got:
Well just to keep this going (;
I drew Pit from the Kid Icarus series.
Here you go. And any comments help!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours