geekboy1011 wrote:
Hey Kerm shouldn't we just give him the updated one with the hook for this kind of purpose Wink
It would help, but he still has the problem of trying to kludge on extra interrupts (and the CALCnet interrupt itself) when he can't guarantee what else is happening on the calculator.
I haven't read the whole thread and skimmed it to see what was immediately going on.

sounds like the problem i have with my programs as well good luck!
What updated one?
we have a update that has a hook efore the calcnet interrupt executes. Kerm needs to get it to you. As my local copy is botched with cn2basic
ah
with it and some stack hackery you can time slice the isr. Its not a public feature but I'll make a note to document it on the wiki for you ^^ soon as Kerm gets you the 8xk that is
excellent. i'll stay tuned then. is it true that Kerm stepped down?
no that was April fools :p but if I get that up ASAP... Which might be a while
oh.
ACagliano wrote:
ah

ACagliano wrote:
oh.

Let's try to have more than one word to a post for the sake of quality over quantity. Good Idea
comicIDIOT wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
ah

ACagliano wrote:
oh.

Let's try to have more than one word to a post for the sake of quality over quantity. Good Idea

Sorry. So, should I pm Kerm about that version, or wait for him to drop in here?
Ill have him send u a link with it later me thinks Idk if he wants it public yet
Acagliano. incoming pm from me will have the 8xk do not share it it is probably buggy. But my tests show it mostly works so yeah
I have a CALCnet related question.

Does Kerm intend, in the future, to make CALCnet support more than just calc-to-calc communication on gCn?

I suppose the better question is How does Gossamer handle connecting to the Internet? Will there be any instances where the Sender ID field will be filled with an actual IP address, rather than a calc ID?
ACagliano wrote:
I have a CALCnet related question.

Does Kerm intend, in the future, to make CALCnet support more than just calc-to-calc communication on gCn?

I suppose the better question is How does Gossamer handle connecting to the Internet? Will there be any instances where the Sender ID field will be filled with an actual IP address, rather than a calc ID?
It theoretically could be (by using the first byte for some prefix that hasn't been seen in real calculator IDs and the last four bytes for the IP address), but I can't say I see the point.
I dont either... but if you design a program to communicate with programs like iChat or something like that, you'll be sending to and from an IP address.

Plus, im not sure how Gossamer handles surfing the web, but dont you kind of need to have some sort of DNS lookup? or does the Gossamer "hub" handle that?
ACagliano wrote:
I dont either... but if you design a program to communicate with programs like iChat or something like that, you'll be sending to and from an IP address.

Plus, im not sure how Gossamer handles surfing the web, but dont you kind of need to have some sort of DNS lookup? or does the Gossamer "hub" handle that?
You would be sending to and from an iChat account, not to a specific IP address. But either way the HUB would handle all that, you wouldn't want the calc haveing to deal with IP addresses, especially with the move to IPv6 assuming IPv4 would break it for many people as IPv4 support slowly fades.
Then, my question is... if data is intended to just be sent to an ichat account or something, but not to a specific on-calc target, what would be in the Sender ID field?
ACagliano wrote:
Then, my question is... if data is intended to just be sent to an ichat account or something, but not to a specific on-calc target, what would be in the Sender ID field?
It would be the ID of the bridge. Just like with Gossamer, but instead of sending and receiving data from webpages it would be sending and receiving data from the iChat servers. Inside of the message sent to the chat hub would possibly be something to indicate the iChat user account to send to but the calcnet protocol should not care what the "thing" on the other end is doing with it, be it a bridge like Gossamer or another calc.
So, just to verify my understanding: The Sender ID would simply designate the target hub, the hub itself would handle the rest?

If that is the case, I have an idea for Kerm...

Why not have one internet server dedicated to Cn hubs. Have the 5-byte Receiver ID, then a 1- or 2- byte hub number. Then, have a DNS-lookup type of handler on the hubs server, that translates that hub # to an actual hub.

Also, if I can theoretically Wink get some of my own code going on before/after the Cn2 interrupt, could I use bcall(_ChkFindSym) once in there?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours