Finally got around to taking a picture. Here's my current collection:
Oooh, I am jealous of quite a few of those. Where did you get the blue and green TI-83+s? And the clear TI-84? And which HP calculator is that?
I do not have a recent pic of my conversion, but an HP 39gII was added to it. Nice fast calculator, but really friggin buggy.
DJ_O: What does one of those set you back? As far as the things I'm looking for for my own collection, I'm horrified how high the prices on the blue, green, and purple TI-83+ go on eBay. Sad I wish my own green, purple, and blue TI-83+s hadn't been thrown out.
Well compared to the rest of the community I have a relatively small collection, but at school that's another story.
I have:
Ti-83+ (currently lending it out)
Ti-84+ (My favorite)
Ti-84+se (currently lending out, uses MP and crashes a lot)
Casio Prizm (I never use...sadly)

So 4 calculators, meh it's a start I suppose. More than I need for sure. I might get a Ti-89 today, and if I get straight A's my mom offered to buy me a Ti-84CSE. Also I know the Nspire's get a lot of bad rep but I am considering purchasing one soon.
The TI-Nspires don't get a bad rap as a calculator, as Shaun and I discovered at T^3. Although I still don't love the Documents interface and find it counterintuitive, they're quite capable math devices. It's just the native programmability that's lacking, though Lua makes up for a lot of that.
KermMartian wrote:
The TI-Nspires don't get a bad rap as a calculator, as Shaun and I discovered at T^3. Although I still don't love the Documents interface and find it counterintuitive, they're quite capable math devices. It's just the native programmability that's lacking, though Lua makes up for a lot of that.

I'm sure you feel more pleased with TI than you used to, now that you feel that they are "listening" to you. You know, more communication, letting you speak at their conference, releasing the TI-84 +CSE, etc. But the Nspire hasn't changed.
Two new additions to my collection since the last pic:

I got a pink 84+SE and swapped the faceplates out with my 84+CSE. I think the black and pink look good together.
It's definitely unique :p

I ought to see what all colors they offer in faceplates, I'd like to mod mine..
Loving those colors, Merth. (Do I spy an xbox360 controller on the top?)
Thanks! That is indeed an xbox360 controller. One of the red ones to go with my red xbox Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Oooh, I am jealous of quite a few of those. Where did you get the blue and green TI-83+s? And the clear TI-84? And which HP calculator is that?

Sorry, I somehow missed your response.

The blue and green TI-83+s as well as the clear TI-84 were all from ebay. They were actually quite reasonable, you should look again. The HP calculator pictured is the Hp 50g.
Art_of_camelot wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Sorry, I somehow missed your response.

The blue and green TI-83+s as well as the clear TI-84 were all from ebay. They were actually quite reasonable, you should look again. The HP calculator pictured is the Hp 50g.
I got a green and a blue TI-83 Plus for $40 and $20 respectively since your last post, the latter of which I had to fix. I'm still trying to get myself a purple one.
Here's my collection:

TI-83+ that I was given in 2004, HP 50g that I bought in 2007 or 2008, SwissMicros DM-15CC that I bought a few weeks ago, and a 1991-vintage Elektronika MK-61 that I just bought. All programmable (although the DM-15CC and MK-61 are just keystroke programmable). The 83+ is pretty beat up (battery door is taped on, and the case doesn't click into place).
Very nice! I love those classy leather cases; that's another touch that helps set the HP calculators apart. Are there any new calculators you're planning to get in the near future, like the 84+CSE, the HP Prime, or the Casio fx-CP400?
I'll certainly look at the Prime when it comes out (not at all interested in the 84+CSE, my 83+ is enough to get into the TI-Z80 family, and the ClassPads aren't that interesting to me for whatever reason), although I'm guessing I'm happy enough with the 50g.

Also, the Prime looks like it'll use a hard cover, TI-style. (And, only one of those calcs with a case is an HP, although of the two non-HPs, one is an emulator of the HP-15C (FWIW, that flip case actually kinda sucks to use (interferes with the buttons) even though it's quite nicely made, I wish I ordered the leather standard pouch instead, but it does come with a neoprene pouch), and another is a Soviet-made calculator inspired by the HP-25 (with a pleather pouch, though).)

That said, I'm tempted to play around with some of my own calculator design (which has become a rather common trend in the HP community) - nothing to the scale of a grapher, but something with HP-41CX-like capability (including the 41CX's excellent time functions, which are ideally suited to a watch) would be nice. I've seen the uWatch that Dave Jones did, but I don't like some of the implementation details, and I think a full programmable calculator watch with a degree of HP-41 compatibility (at the very least, 100% compatibility with the documented instructions available in a 41CX - undocumented instructions would be harder, and machine code harder yet (but definitely possible - it's actually the same level of complexity as that DM-15CC, given that it'd be emulating the same CPU)) would be practical.

Also, there's a WP-43S that's in development as a sort of 100% community-developed HP 42S successor, that will have pretty impressive hardware of its own if everything goes to plan. If they do a good job with the UI (I despise the UI of the WP-34S, which is third-party RPN scientific firmware for the HP 20b/30b, and developed by the same team as the software team on the WP-43S - but they seem to have learned their lesson, and are talking about going back to menus (like the 42S) and/or alpha XEQ (like the 41C/CV/CX), I might consider getting one of those.
I have:
-TI-84+SE
-2 Casio Prizms
-TI-Nspire

So, 4 in all.

zeldaking wrote:
if I get straight A's my mom offered to buy me a Ti-84CSE.

Man, I wish I was rewarded for getting straight A's. *Smart Kid's Problems* Plus my parents wouldn't offer to buy me a calculator even if it were for good grades(they're poor, but even if we did have the money, they're cheap Razz).

EDIT: By "Smart Kid's", I mean that I an retain information better than most people at my school.
I was able to get, last time we went shopping, two graphing calculators! A TI-85 with slide cover, in good condition, at a flea market for $5, and a TI-82 with slide cover, in not as good condition, at Goodwill for $7.

Which makes my collection (with 2 missing):

TI-85
TI-85
TI-82
TI-82
TI-83
TI-83+SE
TI-84+SE
TI-83+ made of oak
CalebHansberry wrote:

TI-85
TI-85
TI-82
TI-82
TI-83
TI-83+SE
TI-84+SE
TI-83+ made of oak

Any chance of a picture of the oak 83+, it sounds awesome! I assume it's handmade after seeing some of your previous woodcraft items.
I am feeling really jealous. All I have is a TI-84+ SE. I have some extra money lying around but cant decide whether to save up some more and buy the new Lego Mindstorms or a TI-84+CSE

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours