It's been over a year, but I finally got around to making this work somewhat well. It can be downloaded from the archives.

Original Post Text wrote:
On this previous HCWP, I was told to play CaDan. I didn't feel like copying it to my calculator, so I threw it in to Wabbit. After I realized how dependent the controls were on the calculator design, I lamented that I couldn't control Wabbit with my calculator. When I was told that nobody had done it yet, I decided to try my hand at it.

I pulled my code out of my IRC client that dealt with the calculator and rewrote it slightly, and mapped all the keys to keyboard keys. However, since the client program used _GetCSC to detect keystrokes, it wasn't very great as you may be able to tell. So I reluctantly went and hacked away at the ASM, trying to read the keys directly and keeping track of them on-calc, and keeping track so that I only sent key up and key down events. After hours of hanging out in /havecalc with BrandonW, I succeeded!

So now the program works. I should be putting this program on the archives pretty soon, after I make it more user friendly. (There are two ways to quit the client running on-calc: sending an lquit() packet from the computer, or pulling the batteries.) I also should really make it attempt to reconnect if there's a drop in communication, rather than segfaulting =p

Anyways, expect this nifty little tool pretty soon Smile
Nice idea! It sounds cool!

I just wish I could program assembly.........
I don't feel like working on this any more, so here is what it is in its current state. The source is included.

http://whff.tk/download.php?file=nk5727d4fv

It requires that TiLP is installed and set up.

EDIT: It would help to have included the calculator side of the software...
Kaslai wrote:
I don't feel like working on this any more, so here is what it is in its current state. The source is included.

http://whff.tk/download.php?file=nk5727d4fv

It requires that TiLP is installed and set up.

EDIT: It would help to have included the calculator side of the software...
What still needs to be done to complete it? Sad I hope that you get the time and motivation to follow through with the last few steps at some point.
It works, but it's just a tad unstable. Whoever feels like paying attention to the little details of the protocol can implement them. It works almost perfectly as is, though Wink
I've made some improvements to the system, but I was wondering if someone could help me a little with user friendliness pertaining to libticables. How would I go about scanning for the silverlink cable if the user changes USB ports?
You appear to want ticables_get_usb_devices for this. But going from that to a new device handle isn't as pretty as I would like, I may have to add some helper functions to libticalcs for that.

See titools/src/common.c or tilp/src/device.c for some example code using this function.
It's been over a year, but I finally got around to making this work somewhat well. It can be downloaded from the archives.
Uh there is no readme.
Woops. Kerm's accepted a new version in to the archives with the readme bundled in to it now.
Wow, I was just asking in Cemetech's IRC about something like this, I was told it might be difficult to write without writing an asm program, and later, by accident, I found this... mind = blown
Thank you very much for creating this!
May I ask if there's any specific license your code is under?

Also, how hard do you think would it be to add keydown/keyup support?
TI has a Bcall for this. The smartview interface is just really akward USB keyboard presses. I recall that BrandonW made a program similar to the Smartview app that could be modified to make other keypresses. This of course only works on the 84+/SE because it has a USB port.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours