I already updated it to the 1.5 Prerelease...
The pre-release can't be used on any official versioned server. Please use the Curse client (unless you are linuxing) to run the various MC versions.
REMINDER TO ALL MC SERVER USERS

Please READ and ABIDE by the server rules. Simply saying this as Fiopli's farm was griefed and all crops were removed and can't be replanted (insufficient resources). Also animals were killed off and chests looted.
Finally trying to get my notes directly to Jeb about this lighting bug. This is due to the lighting system using a LOT of floating point math on the CPU and not on the GPU (or somewhere else).
If the image doesn't lie, the 1.5 screen has a slightly better framerate than the 1.4.7 screen. I also don't see any bugs with the lighting on the bottom screenshot.
blue_bear_94 wrote:
If the image doesn't lie, the 1.5 screen has a slightly better framerate than the 1.4.7 screen. I also don't see any bugs with the lighting on the bottom screenshot.
It you read through the thread, you'll see that the measured framerate is artificially high because the game is outputting the same frame several times in a row, therefore the apparent framerate is much lower.
Hmm... I get ~20 fps on Normal Render, fast graphics, no smooth lighting, no clouds, no bobbing, and decreased particles, and it feels the same both on 1.4.7 and 1.5.
So why doesn't the debug screen output the true framerate anymore (i. e. Mojang intentionally jacked it up to hide the performance drop)? Seems that it's the smooth lighting's fault. That should have been fixed in 1.5., though.
1.5.1 fixed the above issue for the most part.

Anyways, @KermM and anyone else building on the western part of the map, what do any of you say about having a rail go to where you are at? I will probably do a lot of the building as I have over 140 blocks of iron for rails and plenty of time to get it done.

Also, what's up with the mc.cemetech.net site? It still lacks a page... maybe put up a skeleton page filled with nikky ipsum text?

Another also, the web map still needs to be regenerated for the lava fortress, it hasn't changed in a long time.
OK, I will regenerate it. We would love rails! I too have been collecting rails from mineshafts, and I can supply some gold for booster rails if needed. We can start from the spur that goes into the spawn mountain, I think?
AHelper wrote:
Also, what's up with the mc.cemetech.net site? It still lacks a page... maybe put up a skeleton page filled with nikky ipsum text?

Interesting. That might have been the *one* thing that didn't make the server transition. I thought it would be included with the Cemetech copy. I guess not.

Uhm. I'll see if I have a local copy.

Even if I did have a local copy, I have no idea where it was on the server so I wouldn't be able to upload it to the right place, Kerm would have to edit the server file to point that sub-domain to that directory (or tell me where to put the directory from the file)

I've found something, it's only the Statistics files though. I believe it's the version I've edited because the directories are structured like I would have it. I thought the web end was in the Minecraft directory on the server we left last weekend but it seems only the Bukkit world was copied over, to my disappointment since I was tasked in making sure everything was copied over. Which, I checked. As best as I could on a single connection IDE; it's amazing that a "fully featured" IDE doesn't support connections to multiple servers at a time. I blame myself more than the software but I feel the software deservers some of the blame Sad
The server has now been upgraded to 1.5.1, and the Nether has been implemented! Enjoy hopper, dropper, comparator fun. I will be monitoring the console to see what breaks. Please note that until I get a new version of Falsebook, the rail lines in the Museum World will not switch properly.
Would it be possible to just redo the switching in redstone? At least the rails would work then.
AHelper wrote:
Would it be possible to just redo the switching in redstone? At least the rails would work then.
Yes, that is the plan. I'd like it if my mountain (KermMount) still worked, though, so I'll try to poke the developer and see if he'll make a 1.5.1 version.
Roosterteeth talks about UTUTUTUT

UT !!!
Is there any reason why the nether only has one portal? That defeats the purpose of me using the nether to get to my sky world Sad
AHelper wrote:
Is there any reason why the nether only has one portal? That defeats the purpose of me using the nether to get to my sky world Sad
You can make as many portals as you want. Razz Don't forget to check the rules of Portal search and creation, though.
*bump* AHelper, I wanted to mention that Rivereye and I dug out a 3x2 tunnel from the spawn to tifreak8x, ti84p, my, and others' Underground City base, so if you happen to feel like laying track, we would be grateful. Smile Also, I'm happy to note in general that we have had a lot of users joining us recently for building and exploring fun, which I credit to 1.5.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* AHelper, I wanted to mention that Rivereye and I dug out a 3x2 tunnel from the spawn to tifreak8x, ti84p, my, and others' Underground City base, so if you happen to feel like laying track, we would be grateful. Smile Also, I'm happy to note in general that we have had a lot of users joining us recently for building and exploring fun, which I credit to 1.5.

I would join if I knew why my router was dropping TCP packets after the first few sent to me (just before or after the inventory is sent, checked with wireshark). I don't understand why this issue exists as my router and PC setup haven't changed, and I can get to MC if I bypass my router. DMZ doesn't help at all.
It sounds like you were now able to resolve things, AHelper, were you not? I'll try to jump in a bit later and join you for some portal and rail building if so.
KermMartian wrote:
It sounds like you were now able to resolve things, AHelper, were you not? I'll try to jump in a bit later and join you for some portal and rail building if so.

I did, but only by removing my router. This will not stay like this forever, as I will have to put it back on. I will try to do as much as possible right now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours