» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaZX wrote:
Thought I'd just post this here since it IS an AoE2 thread.

In regards to running it on Win7 64-bit, is there a fair amount of trouble getting it to run? I'm aware of the DirectX issue but beyond that is there anything problematic?

I had none what-so-ever.
I had problems with red grass and purple water, but running the game through voobly or with other windows opens fixes this for some reason.
Yeah running it through voobly seemed to fix any issues I had when running it standalone, I'm pretty sure voobly includes some patches and such to work around that.
AHelper0 and I have been playing a handful of Deathmatch and Random Map games in AoE2 over the last few days. Who else plays? Want to join us?
Count me in. When's the next game?
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Count me in. When's the next game?
Probably later today. I used to skills for a fast start that you taught me very effectively. However, I would still insist that it be everyone teamed against you, based on experience.
Indeed, as I used to play AoE, but have since corrupted myself with other RTSs (some way too far away from AoE, such as WiC (awesome game)). I will try to do some AoE, but I have a deadline to meet as well as Prizm work to finish.
I just started playing AoE II:Conquerors just the other day heh. I could join you. Also, the red grass and purple water is caused on Windows 7 by explorer.exe. Killing it will make everything look normal. However, multiplayer play seems to not be affected.
That color corruption was also on XP, so it isn't solely Win7.
Kaslai wrote:
I just started playing AoE II:Conquerors just the other day heh. I could join you. Also, the red grass and purple water is caused on Windows 7 by explorer.exe. Killing it will make everything look normal. However, multiplayer play seems to not be affected.
I don't see those issues at all. I have a whole variety of patches that help, though. Be sure to grab the patches, then install Voobly. Ping me this evening if you want to play; I'm too tired to concentrate on my work
*bump* Tonight's epic Deathmatch game between Kaslai, Kaslai's friend, and myself. Look at the troop numbers in particular:

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/7718126
*bump* Y'all HAVE to buy this. I am going to get it ASAP, and I hope to have some people to play against. Multi-monitor support is particularly incredible; I hope I can stretch it across my five monitors, and even if I can't, I think the ability to use Steam and abandon Voobly is worth it.
It isn't available on Linux, so I am sad that I can't play at ALL the times.

I will see about getting it just for the networking over Steam.
AHelper wrote:
It isn't available on Linux, so I am sad that I can't play at ALL the times.

I will see about getting it just for the networking over Steam.
And the HD! It looks like the re-did all the textures in many-bit color, and presumably it will have a windowed mode that isn't restricted to 1024x768.
I already got it on order, just waiting for the release Smile Can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope they fixed all the glitches it had and make it more compatible with the new OSes.
I play Age of Empires 2!
tifreak8x wrote:
I already got it on order, just waiting for the release Smile Can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope they fixed all the glitches it had and make it more compatible with the new OSes.
Awesome, I look forward to playing against you. I always enjoy our games a lot, as you perfectly match my mettle, and usually overcome me as well. I went ahead and pre-ordered.
*bump* So I have Age of Empires II HD and no one to play against. Do you have it? Are you on Steam? Hit me up!
I will try to get it ASAP.
AHelper wrote:
I will try to get it ASAP.
Glad to hear it! Am I already friends with you on Steam in case you succeed?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours