Do you believe TI will release a color Nspire the that has an optional 84 C keypad?
Yes
 11%  [ 1 ]
No
 66%  [ 6 ]
Only if the new 84 does well
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

With the new 84 that has a color screen does anyone think they may release another nspire that has a keypad for an 84 color? I personally don't think they will but if they did that would be at the top of my list to buy Smile
That's a good question; I didn't think of that. Personally, I don't really see the business motivation for TI to make the CX calculators emulate the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. I don't think it would help them sell more TI-Nspire CX calculators, as I think at this point the Nspire is seen by teachers as a self-sufficient device. I think the original TI-84 Plus emulator/keypad on the TI-Nspires was meant as a way for teachers to ease from the TI-84 Plus series to the TI-Nspire series, and that that's no longer necessary. However, I hope someone in the community will make such an emulator.
Well I can understand why TI would make it just to make that transition smoother but on the other hand I believe that the duel keypad Nspire is much more used than they thought it would be. Most of my friend now use that Nspire just because they still want the option of there 84 programs. Now that I'm thinking about it I know only one person who actually owns and uses the CX version but she still carries around her 84+SE.
It won't be necessary soon if jacobly has anything to say about it http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202061
Well even if it's not necessary I still want it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours