AHelper wrote:
@KermM: Next MC release fixes a bug that resulted in repeaters (and comparators) for not changing redstone states when unloading chunks, which caused issues with the peva map. Bug report here
Oh, superb! That means I can remove my boat-based restarters in Arcadia 5. Thanks for sharing.
Np. Also, your boats in the arcadia backup... don't work. You should take a look at the tower some time in the future.
Posting here for future notice: For the rail that goes to/by spawn, can the sides and top of the rail be enclosed by glass, fences, walls, blocks, panes, etc. to keep mobs off of the track and stop skeletons from shooting carts out from under riders?

Also, nice on the water drop area. Maybe add glass between the drop and first ring just to catch players moving outside of the ring when falling?
I made a bit of further progress on the connection to spawn. Although the station isn't really there yet, you can at least arrive and depart at and from the spawn.

AHelper wrote:
Posting here for future notice: For the rail that goes to/by spawn, can the sides and top of the rail be enclosed by glass, fences, walls, blocks, panes, etc. to keep mobs off of the track and stop skeletons from shooting carts out from under riders?
Done. I tried a few things with fences and lava, but I ended up with a glass roof.

Quote:
Also, nice on the water drop area. Maybe add glass between the drop and first ring just to catch players moving outside of the ring when falling?
Thanks. I added that, and finished the stone floor on the drop area.
Get ready for some awesome screenies dumped here and an HD video of Fiopli's lava fortress from the lava poured to a runabout.

For now, enjoy a slight fail from a recording test: (Please use 1080p resolution, recording was done losslessly, upload should have high quality)

Also, the map is a bit, well, confused:

Bump. So, I finally got the video edited and uploaded. Here it is, lacks any audio as the capture failed to record the stereo output (not missing much other than lava sounds)

Also, here is a nice screenie from the raw footage of KermM drinking away:

I have noticed that four item frames keep breaking disappearing from the SkyWorld - Does anyone know what causes this? I can't keep replacing them as I already lost 5 frames and clocks and the upkeep costs too much Sad
Do the tops of the frames exceed the build limit?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Weregoose reported frames at ground level being broken or stolen from. Can someone give us some more-or-less precise coordinates to check with Hawkeye?
comicIDIOT wrote:
As in altitude? They should be at 230-240.

If someone took them, it must be someone with build permission as fly hacks only last 5 seconds as that should be the default kick timeout. Without fly hacks or teleporting, you can get to the skyworld with a tall tower. I would say that this is a server issue. I can confirm this by hiding a frame somewhere (with ways to see if anyone accessed it) and checking back in a while.
Ahelper, what did you do during the lava fortress video? it looks like it was put under a "fish-eye" effect.
I like using Quake Pro FOV. Besides, I saw that it was needed to properly capture the large views.

@KermM: I am at 184,245,136 for my frames. There should be four on the redstone lamp.
Searching in a 50 block range, the only blocks broken at Sugar Cane, Glass and most commonly Glowing Red Stone Ore all by you or fiopoli.
s/fiopoli/Fiopli/
So are you saying that the server is glitching in that it is destroying item frames?
Yup. I'll Google around and see what could be causing it.
Is anything mucking with entities? (Since item frames are entities)
Turns out, "Painting Break" is a searchable criteria but nothing came up for that. Nothing to select for entities. Even searching under Mod/Other Death and Other returns no results.
AHelper wrote:
Is anything mucking with entities? (Since item frames are entities)
Could it perhaps be one of our plugins, or two or more plugins interacting badly? I'm afraid that my Google-fu also failed to turn up any clues for tihs.
Just so you know, when it updates to 1.5, I should soon be on your Minecraft Server as Fluffy8x.
Don't update Minecraft until the server does. We'll typically upgrade a few days to two weeks after the latest update to ensure all plugins are updated to work or don't break the server as they currently are.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours