Oh.
How does the line cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64" .. work?
Tells cmake to generate a project file for Visual Studio 2012 using its 64-bit toolchain which can be used to compile FX-CG[CL].

That's probably not what you want, since given your apparent cluelessness I doubt you have Visual Studio installed. How do you plan to use [CL] and do you currently have any programs installed to build PC applications?
I plan to use [CL] to debug Prizm programs, of course.
And I have MinGW.
Then you should be able to have cmake generate a MinGW-compatible makefile. Refer to the documentation for cmake for proper details, but simply replacing "Visual Studio 11 Win64" with "MinGW Makefiles" should do the trick. Then just invoke make.
I get the error:

Code:

The program can't start because libgmp-10.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Does this have something to do with the PATH variable?
Looks like your compiler (MinGW) is broken, since I don't think cmake depends on GMP, while I know GCC does.
I heard that CMake needs CMakeList.txt to operate; could its contents be the problem?
No. The CMakeLists file is provided by the package to be built (in this case, [CL]), and it definitely wouldn't manifest as a runtime link error.
So should I reinstall MinGW?
I'm sorry, I'm sort of a newb at compiling from source, could you post step-by-step installation instructions for linux?

EDIT:

OK, am I doing something wrong here?

Code:

flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-cl$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-cl$ ls
CMakeLists.txt  debug.c    display.h  input.c  interface.c  main.c    platform.h  rtc.c
COPYING         display.c  include    input.h  interface.h  platform  README

EDIT2:

OK, tried this instead:

Code:

flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-ui$ make
pyuic4 -o fx_cg_ui/GUI.py GUI.ui
make: pyuic4: Command not found
make: *** [fx_cg_ui/GUI.py] Error 127

Any ideas?
flyingfisch wrote:
OK, am I doing something wrong here?
Yes, you never ran cmake. Refer to the README provided with [CL].

flyingfisch wrote:

Code:
make: pyuic4: Command not found
make: *** [fx_cg_ui/GUI.py] Error 127
You need Python 3.x and PyQt to run [UI]. Once you've built the UI module (which is what running make does), invoke the fx_cg_ui.core module. Something like this:
Code:
 $ PYTHONPATH=. python3 -m fx_cg_ui.core shm.dat
Refer to my notes to AHelper (in particular the second paragraph of that post) for details on those semantics.
seems i have python 3:

Code:

flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-ui$ sudo apt-get install python3
[sudo] password for flyingfisch:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
python3 is already the newest version.

Same with pyqt:

Code:

flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-ui$ sudo apt-get install python-qt4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
python-qt4 is already the newest version.

The example in the readme said to do cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64". I obviously dont have that, so... I don't understand what I'm supposed to do...

running cmake only gives me the cmake help stuff.
flyingfisch wrote:
Same with pyqt:

There's probably a -dev package for it that provides pyuic, then. Depend on what your distribution is. On Debian, for example, it'll be pyqt4-dev-tools.

flyingfisch wrote:
The example in the readme said to do cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64". I obviously dont have that, so... I don't understand what I'm supposed to do...

That's why it's an example. Change the generator (parameter to -G) accordingly. Without looking at the actual names, I think you want "UNIX Makefiles".
Tari wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
Same with pyqt:

There's probably a -dev package for it that provides pyuic, then. Depend on what your distribution is. On Debian, for example, it'll be pyqt4-dev-tools.

flyingfisch wrote:

That's why it's an example. Change the generator (parameter to -G) accordingly. Without looking at the actual names, I think you want "UNIX Makefiles".

OK, got pyqt4-dev-tools.

cmake -G "UNIX Makefiles" didn't work. Where can I find the names? Are they in fx-cg-cl/?
Available generators are listed in the help output from cmake. Which the README even says.
Oh sorry, I didn't even notice the names in the help output. I know that it was in the readme, but i couldn't find them in the help output til just now... sorry. :-\

OK, did this:

Code:

flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-cl$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Using POSIX platform interface
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/flyingfisch/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-cl
flyingfisch@Office-Optiplex-745:~/Downloads/tari-fx-cg-cl$ cd ../tari-fx-cg-ui
pyrcc4 -py3 -o fx_cg_ui/GUI_rc.py GUI.qrc

Now what should i do? is it ready to run? Do i need to let it know where fx-cg-cl is? If so, how to i do that?
You need to compile [CL] (run make to actually compile it; cmake works like ./configure for automake-based things). This is also mentioned in the README.

[UI] doesn't use [CL] at all. Now you need to compile an addin against [CL] (a process which is outlined somewhat in the README). How I build pLemmings may be a useful point of reference.
Forgot to do this, here is a zip with my changes for fx-cg-cl (shouldn't be anything to ui, still included it). Namely, PrintXY and colors and such goodness.

http://ahelper.users.sourceforge.net/fx-cg-cl&ui.zip
AHelper wrote:
Forgot to do this, here is a zip with my changes for fx-cg-cl (shouldn't be anything to ui, still included it). Namely, PrintXY and colors and such goodness.

http://ahelper.users.sourceforge.net/fx-cg-cl&ui.zip
Oh, good. You're notoriously bad about publishing your patches. Smile I'll have a look at integration sometime soon.

Tari wrote:
Available generators are listed in the help output from cmake. Which the README even says.
I had spaced on this, but cmake is smart enough to assume a generator on some systems. On my Linux systems, for example, I just run this:
Code:
$ cmake .
And it generates a Makefile.
The README seems to be missing a few things that would have saved me some headaches. For starters, I think a Requirements section would be invaluable:
- This works only under Python3. I recommend you either put that in giant bold letters at the top, or make it work under Python2.
- Listing out dependencies like python3-pyqt4 and pyqt4-dev-tools and cmake and python-setuptools would be nice too.

Other comments:
- Can you make the UI program generate the IPC.dat (or whatever name the user specifies) file if the given file does not exist?
- You don't mention needing to do a python setup.py install, but I assume that step is necessary?
- The readme instructed me to run "fx-cg-ui$ python -m fx-cg-ui.core IPC.dat", but you told me on IRC that that should actually be fx_cg_ui.core.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours