Merth, could I make an Excel file with the Axe commands that require parameters and add the number and type of parameters? That way we could do error checking.

Another feature could be a label checker. Like, make sure that a sub(LBL) or Goto LBL actually exists in the file.
Simple update seems to have done it. Thanks!
I can't use the Hex sprite editor. When I click on any of the "pixels", I get an exception thrown:

Code:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Rectangle rect)
   at TokenIDE.HexSprite.spriteBox_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18034 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TokenIDE
    Assembly Version: 0.10.3.0
    Win32 Version: 0.10.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Toshiba%20Admin/Documents/Ti%20Calculator(s)/Tools/TokenIDE/TokenIDE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18036 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Merthsoft.DynamicConfig
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Toshiba%20Admin/Documents/Ti%20Calculator(s)/Tools/TokenIDE/Merthsoft.DynamicConfig.DLL
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Merthsoft.Tokens
    Assembly Version: 0.9.4796.22415
    Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Toshiba%20Admin/Documents/Ti%20Calculator(s)/Tools/TokenIDE/Merthsoft.Tokens.DLL
Merthsoft.Extensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Toshiba%20Admin/Documents/Ti%20Calculator(s)/Tools/TokenIDE/Merthsoft.Extensions.DLL
Merthsoft.CalcData
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Toshiba%20Admin/Documents/Ti%20Calculator(s)/Tools/TokenIDE/Merthsoft.CalcData.DLL
FastColoredTextBox
    Assembly Version: 2.8.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.8.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Toshiba%20Admin/Documents/Ti%20Calculator(s)/Tools/TokenIDE/FastColoredTextBox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hmm, that's strange. What dimensions and pixel size are you using? Also, are you starting it with a sprite already in it?
It happens with any dimension. There is no sprite loaded. I get the error even if I load a sprite first.
I still haven't been able to reproduce this at all--are you using the most recent version?

Meanwhile, I have a question for users:
Would you prefer if instead of one .exe and six .dlls in the download folder, it's just the one .exe? This would clean up the output directory, but that's really the only thing it will change--everything else will still work the same.
It doesn't really matter to me. If I need to update, I merely do a ctrl+A, ctrl+c, and ctrl+v it in the Tokens folder. Tokens icon itself stays pinned to my task bar at all times.

A question for you, though.

I want 73, 82, and 83 support for Tokens. What do you need me to do to be able to get you to support these calcs? And do you have the information available for me to grab so I can do what you need me to?
The most helpful thing for me as far as adding other calc support is making sure there is a correct XML file for the tokens. You can find the tokens for a calc in the linkguide.
Sweet, I'll see what I can't get figured out in creating the xml files. Smile Would it be easiest to just copy/paste the 83+/84+ ones, and remove the tokens that the other calcs don't support?
Yeah, that would probably be the easiest--I'd use the "NoLibs" one.
NoLib.xml? Is that the default for the 83+? If so, I'll try to get started this evening Smile
Yeah. Well, the 84+ actually, but it doesn't have any of the xLib etc. stuff in it.
Okay, thanks. Smile

Last question. Say I got these all made tonight, what would you have to do to Tokens itself for it to create the seperate .73p, .82p, and .83p programs? Surprised
Without giving the link guide a thorough look-through, I think it would just be a matter of changing a few identifiers; I think the file formats are almost identical.
Alright Smile I'm not sure what information specifically you need, so that's something I'll let you handle in regards to that, oh master of the Tokens.

Another question.

Say I open up Tokens, and have 3 tabs open for the 83+. Then I want to work on something for the 82. Do I need to open up a new instance of Tokens to use the 82 xml file (when I get it made and you can get Tokens to use it) or will changing the xml file from within Tokens affect only that window?

Edit:

Could you go ahead and set me up a version of Tokens that will tokenize .73p, .82p and .83p programs and send that version to me? I have a feeling the 73 version is going to be identical, so far the table is matching the 83+ one perfectly. Won't know about the other two until I get that far. Would just need to know if it's going to need me to select the xml file first before tokenizing, or will it automatically look for an xml based on the fact you are tokenizing one of the 3 new calcs?
Perhaps There could be a header section added to the xml file format to specify magic bytes, type bytes, and extensions for the outputted programs? That would simplify support for the 83p like calculators such as the 73, 82 and 83.
Some sort of infrastructure that makes it automatic and has less code reuse is probably the best solution, but for now I'll probably just hard-code some stuff and give it to tifreak so he can get moving on what he's doing, and then restructure later. Always the best policy, right? -_-;
Making a program an 82 from an 83, don't you just open it up in a text/hex editor and change the TI83 to TI82 and vice versa?
I don't know if it is that simple or not, but it boils down to not having a good editor for any of the z80 calculators besides the 83+, and I want to help Tokens become the editor that can handle all that and more later on.
I think all you need to do is find the xml file that tokenizes the stuff and change the header to TI82 or TI73. I can't test this because my computer is about 3,000 miles away.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours