What do you have to do to trigger the items to get lost? Is it simply having them in your inventory, or trying to hold them?
AHelper wrote:
*Bump* Randomly, my ladder to the top of the world was taken out :/

If you can PM me the coordinates or post them, I can see if anyone has removed them.

Quote:
Also, going to the museum removes items from your inventory and does not return them upon leaving...

I've brought this up and I've been told they get moved to your inventory. Or, are they gone from the inventory all together? I haven't visited the museum world since I encountered this so I can't really say if it's so or not.
I went to the museum with items on my hotbar. To get them removed, I just scrolled over them (mouse wheel'd). AFAIK, I didn't lose anything important, but it could have been worse.

@comic: I had items lost as my inventory couldn't hold all items from the hotbar.

@comic: 184,92,137
I searched at those coords and 50 blocks around it and only came up with blocks broke today. No other days. But the log purges older than a few weeks.

When was the last time you were on?
I worldedited out a dirt+ladder pillar on the outskirts of the spawn about a month ago. It looked more like an experiment than an actual structure, so I figured it could be removed. Regarding the problem with items getting lost if you don't have enough inventory space for them, I'll do some Googling to see if anyone has a suggested solution to that.
KermMartian wrote:
I worldedited out a dirt+ladder pillar on the outskirts of the spawn about a month ago. It looked more like an experiment than an actual structure, so I figured it could be removed. Regarding the problem with items getting lost if you don't have enough inventory space for them, I'll do some Googling to see if anyone has a suggested solution to that.

Yup, I knew it was world edit as you took out part of my tree on a non-chunk boundary Wink I rebuilt it as I needed it to build at the top of the world and work downwards. I actually haven't been on for a while until now, so :-\
Would any of the MC players like a monorail/subway put into the map? I was thinking from near spawn to the major building areas. It will be underground unless it travels over water.

I was going to build one anyways as a means to get to the top of my sky world as well as a new building in the ocean. Just wondered if anyone would like it to go from the boat area , east towards Weregoose's area, and south to the End portal. The main issue will be a severe lack of resources if I make this travel to different places on the map.
I might have tons of cobble if you want some; I might also have a few stacks of rail from mine shafts I've found.
AHelper wrote:
Would any of the MC players like a monorail/subway put into the map? I was thinking from near spawn to the major building areas. It will be underground unless it travels over water.

I was going to build one anyways as a means to get to the top of my sky world as well as a new building in the ocean. Just wondered if anyone would like it to go from the boat area , east towards Weregoose's area, and south to the End portal. The main issue will be a severe lack of resources if I make this travel to different places on the map.
If you bring it to the edges of the spawn, I will build tracks and a terminal at the actual spawnpoint.
What sort of navigation should the rails use? I started to think again at having one that will stop you on the rail for a few seconds to show you a sign to tell you what the exit is, where it will take you, and give you a button to hit to let you go there. Otherwise, I have one just like the evocat one being designed in creative mode.
AHelper wrote:
What sort of navigation should the rails use? I started to think again at having one that will stop you on the rail for a few seconds to show you a sign to tell you what the exit is, where it will take you, and give you a button to hit to let you go there. Otherwise, I have one just like the evocat one being designed in creative mode.

That sounds like a good idea, provided you have the circuitry to stop a player for a few seconds and allow them to choose, which should be easy since you're making a subway.
Compynerd255 wrote:
AHelper wrote:

That sounds like a good idea, provided you have the circuitry to stop a player for a few seconds and allow them to choose, which should be easy since you're making a subway.

Yup, I have the ability to stop the player for 2 seconds to show them a sign saying what the exit is and give them a button to hit. It can either lead to a station above or to another rail.

@Anyone: I will be laying out the path of the rail system as well as station locations. These stations will be below-ground and will have a small surface entrance. I am placing these near building groups (hopefully not too close) while watching the underground map for any caves/structures. The majority will be below-ground with the exception for going over large bodies of water. In that case, a bridge will be made with a walking path above. If there are any issues with the location of stations/etc., a sign on the markers would work best to let me know to move or watch out for buildings.

If you notice wood planks everywhere, these are markers for the rails; please don't remove them unless needed.

@KermM: The location of the rail to spawn was marked and work on the underground rail will start soon on this section.

@Anyone: Spare iron will speed up the process in the future. If you care to donate any, locate any of the chests near planned stations or poke me.

<edit>

Testing out a map of the subway system - It works, that's for sure:

<edit>

The first station is in progress! Check out the screenies of the rail-part of the station! The 40 tick delay works as well as the buttons to exit and the reset (detector rail).

Lower level. Notice the holding areas and exits for both directions.

View from holding area.

<edit>
First station is done! It functions as it should... sorta. This is most likely a NS-quirk, but carts aren't hitting the edge of the block when they fly off. This was used to nicely drop all cards down, but this doesn't work. Works just fine if I reduce the cart speed.

View of the the exit reset and lift to the main station area.

Station arrivals and departures. Signs will be posted on each side to show what can be accessed going a particular direction/line.

Station entrance from the surface.
That looks stupendous, AHelper! I like your method of marking station names on the underground map, too. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
That looks stupendous, AHelper! I like your method of marking station names on the underground map, too. Smile

Thanks, I will put in useful names later on Wink The best part about writing the text was that I used GlassOS's small font sprites.

Now, I have a problem where there's a ravine in my way. I will probably have a nice bridge going across...

<edit>

The rail system's tunnels now go for over 360 meters. I will be placing the rails later on once I hit the station near Weregoose's place. Then I will work on putting in the station near my sky world or making the T-station to get to the spawn.

<edit>

Just noting here that carts on flat rails have no slowdown. A cart creeping along ran the entire track. Inclined rails, however, do have slowdowns.

<edit>

@KermM: Well, the track that will go to spawn... I can't build the entire station to transfer tracks as I will hit the protected area. I will build everything I can up to the spawn area.

Here is the current map. Currently, the rails just loop, but they run. There is a mod that stops carts from slowing down when they are on non-inclined rails. This is bad in case you have a runaway cart, but good as I don't need powered rails everywhere.

The boat station is complete right now. The spawn/main line transfer station is incomplete as I can't build the other half of the station, which is spawn-protected. The bottom of the rail has two sites for where the rails will split out to cross the ocean (on a bridge) to get to other buildings and a fortress.
Great progress!

Firstly, @KermM, you can build the rail line to the spawn. Head underground to the T-station and should see the end of the line in the spawn-protected area. Do what you want with it. Maybe have the spawn station let you continue to the other side of the spawn protection area?

A new station, SkyWorld, was added and is functional, but has no surface access yet. I will continue the line... somewhere. I will have to contact Fiopli to see about crossing the water, else I will have it just end there for now (until something of interest is beyond).

The first T station is done. This is basically an intersection of the main line and spawn line. No surface access.

Dune Rise (Sorry for the sign typos right now, didn't get a chance to get the name right at first) station in progress. I ran ahead and got the path down to get from the boat (with an ocean cross stop) directly to Dune Rise's desert temple. It will take a while to get a functional line out there, but it shall be done.

Screenies once more is done.
As far as things past SkyWorld in that direction, comicIDIOT has an island way far that way. I will remove your spawn-building permissions and add that station. Also, shall I disable my rail mod in this world so you won't get the infinite acceleration issue?
KermMartian wrote:
As far as things past SkyWorld in that direction, comicIDIOT has an island way far that way. I will remove your spawn-building permissions and add that station. Also, shall I disable my rail mod in this world so you won't get the infinite acceleration issue?

An island to the north-west? Then I saw it. I will have it stop there after hitting the Lava Fortress (still incomplete).

Um, now, I would go against removing the mod since the amount of gold needed to get the track working would cause the completion time of the line to be greatly increased.
AHelper wrote:
An island to the north-west? Then I saw it. I will have it stop there after hitting the Lava Fortress (still incomplete).

I'd rather it didn't stop there. I chose the island to be away from people Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
AHelper wrote:

I'd rather it didn't stop there. I chose the island to be away from people Razz

Razz Ok, then the nearest spot would be the lava fortress east of you.

All rails are laid and the station in the temple at Dune Rise works.

<edit>

It now takes 103 seconds to get from the SkyWorld station to Dune Rise.
@KermM: Next MC release fixes a bug that resulted in repeaters (and comparators) for not changing redstone states when unloading chunks, which caused issues with the peva map. Bug report here

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours