Hello,

I've been programming in Basic for quite a while now, and so I decided to move on to HYBRID. But since running Doors CS 7, I have two problems.

First, TI Connect can not transfer files to my Calc with Doors CS installed. I have to delete Doors CS, transfer my files, and then transfer Doors CS again.

Secondly I can't shut the calculator off anymore, unless I go into Apps, select Doors CS, and press the ON button.

Help appreciated.

Milt
Milt, welcome to Cemetech! If you get a chance, you should Introduce Yourself in our topic for that purpose. Do you have any other apps on your calculator that might be interfering with transfers? What happens when you try to transfer files with Doors CS 7 installed? It sounds like you should try backing up your files, doing a RAM clear, and sending Doors CS to your calculator again. Some other App's hooks might be doing odd things.
Thanks for the reply. In order to test the problem, I backed up all apps and programs from my calculator and did a full reset.

Without Doors on the calculator, I successfully transferred the program in question. Then I added Doors.

After Doors was added, transferring again became impossible. The error in TI Connect was "Device does not recognize the command."
mmcdonald wrote:
Thanks for the reply. In order to test the problem, I backed up all apps and programs from my calculator and did a full reset.

Without Doors on the calculator, I successfully transferred the program in question. Then I added Doors.

After Doors was added, transferring again became impossible. The error in TI Connect was "Device does not recognize the command."
I'm very baffled to hear this; I've never encountered this precise issue before. TI-Connect is always extremely unpredictable with a direct USB connection to a TI-84 Plus-family calculator, but I have never seen any correlation with Doors CS. Are you trying to connect while Doors CS is running, or from the calculator's homescreen? If from the homescreen, please try going to Options in Doors CS and disabling all hooks, return to the calculator's homescreen, and try again.
Maybe you could try re-downloading Doors CS as the download may have been corrupted (very improbable, but still....)
Are you installing files to the ROM archive? If so, check to see how much archive space you have left on your calc. Perhaps DCS is taking up too much room. Try deleting some stuff from your archive.
GinDiamond wrote:
Are you installing files to the ROM archive? If so, check to see how much archive space you have left on your calc. Perhaps DCS is taking up too much room. Try deleting some stuff from your archive.
That wouldn't cause the "Device Does Not Recognize Command" problem, I don't think, although I suppose it can't hurt to check.
well, you can redownload dcs 7 or install ti connect new(or download DCS 6 or older version) I donĀ“t know,which calculator you have.can you say that ,please ??? you can update your calc to 2.55. perheps itsthen working. Smile
Do you possibly have another app that uses hooks that interfere with DCS7?

What exact version of DCS 7 do you have?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours