flyingfisch wrote:
If I enter the program now, can I enter updates afterwards?
Yes, you can, although for our sanity we would prefer fewer rather than more new versions.
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
If I enter the program now, can I enter updates afterwards?
Yes, you can, although for our sanity we would prefer fewer rather than more new versions.

OK, just asking because I think I am going to get pretty busy pretty soon, and I want to enter this now, and then if I have time to refine it a little more before the deadline i will. Smile
OK, just to sum up all the features:

- 2 modes, campaign and survival

Campaign mode:
- 10 levels
- different sights
- moving targets

Survival Mode:
- Stay alive as long as you can, trench warfare.
Screenshots
Colors look better on calc

Campaign mode

Survival Mode
Great, nice updates! I'm glad you were able to find a workaround for the screenshots. I do hope we'll have contest results out soon, including for this program.
Is there a version out for download yet? Or do we have to wait for the contest results? Either way, this looks fun and I have been waiting a long time to play it.
You have to wait for the results, I think... Kerm, please let us know Smile
OK, I uploaded it to the queue, download link will be available when it is accepted. Wink

EDIT:

Download
Thanks for uploading! I'll give this a try pretty soon. Smile

The graphics reminds me of Atari 2600 stuff actually, except the circles and high res text Razz
I played this for a couple hours last night, and I found that it was really hard to complete some of the missions in time. For the bank robbery, there is literaly only just enough time to move the sights over the second guy, and then you have a quarter of a second to shoot. For the general one, it is still hard, but easier that the bank robbery. I find that it is really hard to control the sights by nature of the control pad, so it is very hard to move precisely, even without the breathing. (Also, I have never encountered the breathing motion irl; I always just breath out a bit, and then stop and shoot. I never continue to breath).

Second problem is one of saves. The campaign does not save when you leave it, which is very annoying when you have to redo some levels. A nice thing to do would to add a persistant variable that saves the level you were on. The survival mode also has this problem, because there is no way to keep track of your high scores. Including these in the game would make it much more fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours