First is it possible? If yes, how would I do it?[/list][/i]
Well it is possible but it would require writing an entire OS with CAS in mind.

I believe there is a project somewhere that is at least considering the possibility, but im not sure if there is any progress.
Well another question. Would it be possible to transfer a ti nspire cas os onto a normal ti nspire?
AHelper's GlassOS project aims to completely replace the TI-OS, and has a fledgling CAS. However, the math features aren't in a fully-useable state quite yet; they're currently going through another overhaul.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5932
nLaunch let's you do that with the nspire.
As KermM pointed out, the math features in gCAS2/3 aren't really on-par with usable. I just don't have unlimited time to work on all projects, so I use a round-robin system. Calc stuff is low on my list (from the recent Prizm development for contest #9) and Linux/Windows stuffs is my priority now. Don't worry, I will work on gCAS3 and get it in a state to be able to do more math (it currently does regular math just fine, just nothing with special operators, like sqrt, trig functions, etc.)
AHelper wrote:
Don't worry, I will work on gCAS3 and get it in a state to be able to do more math (it currently does regular math just fine, just nothing with special operators, like sqrt, trig functions, etc.)

A lot of this could be wrapped up in good support for exponentiation and complex numbers. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
AHelper wrote:
Don't worry, I will work on gCAS3 and get it in a state to be able to do more math (it currently does regular math just fine, just nothing with special operators, like sqrt, trig functions, etc.)

A lot of this could be wrapped up in good support for exponentiation and complex numbers. Smile
Which requires a soft float library that is very tiny that can fit on the Z80. I have found SoftFloat (or something), which seems like the best bet. Right now, I need better floating point number support that is small enough for the Z80 in C.
How do I do that with nLaunch?
This topic on omnimaga goes into a fair amount of detail

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours