Currently the DCS7_SDK.pdf is formatted for letter (8.5"x11")
It does not look too good on a book reader with its small screen.
I would like to put it on a book reader so i do can have true oncalc programming with no pc in sight.
Is it difficult to format it for smaller page size, say, 8.25x5.5 and smaller margins? Or if i can have original document, i volunteer to format it myself.
You may have the original document, if you think that it could be formatted to look decent on a small screen. If you succeed, I'd probably hope to distributed the new PDF with the next Doors CS release. Note also that the SDK is likely to dramatically change with Doors CS 8.
I have 9" diagonal bookreader, i am pretty certain it can be formatted there. 6" is iffy but even 5.5x8.5 will at least be readable on 6"
nsg wrote:
I have 9" diagonal bookreader, i am pretty certain it can be formatted there. 6" is iffy but even 5.5x8.5 will at least be readable on 6"
Is that about standard for e-book readers? It sounds like it to me, which would make this more generally useful.
there are 2 major form factors, 9" diagonal and 6" diagonal.
9" are much more expensive, so 6" are much more popular.
ebooks in formats that support reflow (most of them) are ok to read on either reader. However, scanned and preformatted (like pdf) books are shown as is with scaling. The bigger screen, the less scaling.
I will see if reflowable formats work. If not, 5.5x8.5 seems like a reasonable trade off
Ok, I changed page size, shrank margins to 0.25" removed all color that was easy to remove (because it looks bad on readers), resized boxes and tables (luckily there were only 2 of them) to fit smaller width. I downloaded it on my reader, looks great so far.
No everything is perfect, some lines are just a little bit too long, but it is very readable at this stage.
Uh, why not just use a reflowable document format? Then everyone can be happy.
The original was in word, which is almost, but not quite reflowable. I felt like converting it to fully reflowable would be too much manual work. Also, this way it could be printed booklet style

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours